boost problem please help!!

blakkGN

I have a 1986 Buick grand national everything is stock on my car and motor I got the car set at 15 lbs of boost but it want get to 15lbs its only gettin to 10lbs of boost can someone help me??

what guage are you using? stock or aftermarket? Do you have a scanmaster?

Oh, and welcome to TB.com

we need a sticky thread for new members. First off, welcome. Secondly don't try and turn up the boost (even to 15 psi) without a way to monitor knock. At least, not nless you have disposable income and you LOVE repairing or rebuilding engines. Go to Turbo Regal Web Site and find and perform the spring cleaning. Then find and follow the sensor adjustment directions. While you're doing this get a scanmaster and THEN worry about turning the boost up.

the couplings they are talking about are the short hoses that conect the intercooler to the turbo and ic/intake to the up pipe.

I just replaced that hose and since I did its been different how do I suppose to put it.? Is there a way it suppose to go on there.?

what hose did you replace? :confused:

you probably have the 'Y' fitting hooked up wrong in the tubing to your waste gate. I think the quick reference on gnttype has the instructions on how to hook it up properly. Get a scantool.

The hose that come from the turbo to the intercooler. I replaced it before I replaced it the car was gettin 15 lbs of boost then the hose bust so I replaced it and that's when I found out the car was only gettin 10 lbs of boost