Boost issues

Buickforlife

Tyler Northcutt
Before i had the stock downpipe on the car, and i was getting about 23psi. But i purchased a 3" downpipe used and it had been dented to clear the frame on the previous car. I installed this downpipe and now I am only getting about 15psi of boost. Will the exaust pipe being dented cause less exaust flow and cause less boost? Or am I looking at the wastegate puck not sealing?

thanks in advance

Check the length of your adjustable waste gate actuator. Depending on the flange thickness & who's pipe it may change it some.
Pull the pipe off & mark the puck. They use to call this the lip stick test. Once re-installed close the puck & It will leave a mark on your exhaust housing. Just make sure it covers the hole completely for a good seal.

Thanks for the info. I have been trying to adjust the wastegate actuator but it does not help any.

You dont think the dented exaust has anything to do with it. Seems like you went right for the wastegate puck. I guess i will have to pull it apart to see if it is sealing up right.