Boost issue

87gn505

I went to the track this weekend and I could not get the car over 14psi to save my life. So this morning I removed my wastegate accuator hose to see if boost would spike and nothing. It stayed at the same 14 psi. my TT chip is set up for 18-19psi on 91. Do you think I have a bad accuator?

I went to the track this weekend and I could not get the car over 14psi to save my life. So this morning I removed my wastegate accuator hose to see if boost would spike and nothing. It stayed at the same 14 psi. my TT chip is set up for 18-19psi on 91. Do you think I have a bad accuator?

What turbo? What downpipe? Wastegate stuck open? Did you disconnect the actuator to see if the wastegate moves freely? How tight do you have the actuator set?

I agree first thing you do is verify the wastegate is moving freely.

I have a 60trim turbo, 3 inch down pipe, and yes I can pull on the accuator rod and it moves freely. right now I have to pull rod approx. 1/8" to set on wastegate pin. wastegate also move freely

Are any of these parts new? I would also check the alignment of the puck to the WG hole in the exhaust housing.

Are you using any type of manual boost controller. I once had the ball inside the mbc get stuck in the spring and had the same kind of issue.

i have a greedy mbc. if i turn boost down it works fine. when i want to go up in boost i can max it out and only push 14psi. nothing new done to car

Things I have ruled out and test to be ok:
wastegate accuator
boost controller
wastegate puck covering hole
intercooler hoses and clamps (new)
no vaccum leaks
blow off valve (blows off at 25psi)

o2 numbers this morning at full throttle were 796

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

What mods does your car have? Does it have the stock headders? You can probably bet that if they have never been welded the driver's side is cracked. Doubly sure if the stock heat shield is still there.