Boost Issue

REGL8R

OK heres the deal. With the wastegate rod as tight as can be the car only makes 13 psi with no knock and runs great. I was looking at a thread and it said to take the vaccum hose off the actuator and plug it to see if it overboosts.
Well I did that and sure enough it built a little over 15 with plenty more to go before I let off to avoid breaking things. I can't find the thread that told me to do this and what it means. I think it means that their are no exhaust issues as far as wastegate sealing and everything but where do I go from here? Eliminate the solenoid and get a boost controller?

TIA

Make sure the vacuum t in the hose has the restricted part going to the top of the turbo and the non restricted part going to the actuator.

2x
I just went through this.
Check that Y fitting.
It's most likely installed backwards.
There is a diagram on www.gnttype.org on the quick reference page.

After you flip it around, don't forget to make your actuator rod longer again before you boost or you might overboost.

Tim

The Y-fitting was on right... I can blow a little air through the restricted side in each direction, is it possible I have a bad fitting?

What is the deal with tuner style? Is that just a hose from the turbo directly to the actuator? What are the pluses and minuses to doing this?