Boost gage and tach. off please help

BABY BOEING

Since I purchased my car about 5 years ago my tach and boost guage have been way off. It neaver really bothered me to much untill I installed a shift light and it's off as well. It's a proform shift light and I cut the brown wire as it instucted for a 6 cyl. The tach signal wire is pluged in by the alt. on the green pig tail and I have to set it to 7000 rpm's to get it come on at 5000. I kinda figured the problem has to be in either the computer or module. If some one has had any experience with this please let me know. Thanks Jon.

Apparently that is what happens over time. When I first got my car ('86) they were both way off, I had to change the engine wiring harness and it seems the boost is somewhat on the mark. This makes me wonder about the wiring and connections being old/corroded and effecting the precision.

www.casperselectronics.com

they can sell you a "recalibrated" tach and boost gauge for $90 with a useable exchange. It seems they have changed thier site so I was unable to find it.

What part of my alarm was tapped into the white wire of the CCCI?

There is some talk about a green connector (I am not sure about this because there is also the fuel pump connector too) behind the alternator that can be used as a tech tap.

Thanks for the reply. I understand that the factory gages may be off due to age but why would the tach lead read high? I figured it had to be either computer or module related. As far as behind the alt. I use the one with for my trigger on my hotwire fuel pump and the other green conector with the 2 wires going to it as the tach leed. Does anybody know if thier is a differnet location to grab a tach signal? Thanks Jon

Check out Caspers, he can fix your tach and boost gage.
You only need to send him the module section that is on the gage cluster.