Boost Control issues with a 5858

dvernst

Where do I start. This is on a TTA.
OK first thing it has a HD actuator, and a RJC flange with an oversize puck. Down pipe is custom 3" made locally from my exhaust guy. When the turbo was brand new last year I posted the wastegate hole to match the puck. I didn't go too big with it. It probably still has about 3/16" of metal to seal against all of the way around. I've checked numerous times, and it looks to be sealing perfect. I've taken a thin layer of grease on the puck, and close it to check.

If I hook the actuator up with just enough tension to hold the puck closed if I disconnect the hose to the actuator I get about 11psi boost. I would think with the HD actuator I should get more than that? I slowly kept tightening the rod one full turn at a time, and it takes about ten full turns to get it up to around 27 psi. This is still with the actuator hose disconnected. So from this point using numerous types of boost Controllers I am able to lower the boost, but anything above maybe 22 psi the boost bounces up and down about 2-3 psi. I can't figure out why this is happening. The boost controllers I've used are the stock solenoid, an Ans boost solenoid in place of the stocker, a Rjc boost controller, a homemade controller which is very similar to Rjc's, and a Greedy Project B Spec 2. No matter which one the boost bounces up and down over 22-23psi

I'm running e85, and 120'a, and have been low 11'a around 120mph.

Looking for ideas on what could be wrong?

Thank you