Boost and Timeslips?

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
Hello all,
I just got a HKS Electronic Valve Controller and it says that it is good to 36.5 lbs. It got me thinking what times with our cars is that good for? Can everyone please post the boost and times that they are running? I know that the twin-turbo Dutt car to go low 7s is running about 43 lbs.

Thanks,
Jason

It really depends on alot of factors, I would think too many to really get into. Just because you run a certain amount of boost doesnt mean you'll run this or that set time. For one thing, my dad ran a 9.59@142.8 with a 274", BGC intake, GN-1's, PT-74, yada yada yada. That was done with 26 psi, I'm sure if he was able to pick up an extra efficient 10psi he wouldve ran considerably quicker. I'm also pretty sure that when Cal Hartline ran mid 8's in his beast he had to be well into the 30's boost wise. Hope this helps

Also I don't know exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure that Jack Cotton runs pretty quick with relatively low boost. 9.40's or so and if I'm correct somewhere around 24psi(?)

Originally posted by V8KILLR
Hello all,
I just got a HKS Electronic Valve Controller and it says that it is good to 36.5 lbs. It got me thinking what times with our cars is that good for? Can everyone please post the boost and times that they are running? I know that the twin-turbo Dutt car to go low 7s is running about 43 lbs.

Thanks,
Jason
Jason if you are talking about Duttweilers former car the Buick you are mistaken.The most boost that has been screwed in is 28# With the current configuration of wastegates that is all you can get out of it. But I think;) Ron Luman{ who currently owns the car} and Kenny D. are working on that glitch. I think the sweet spot of Rons car is 33# but he has never been able to get the boost past 28#:eek:

i went 8.04@174 at 35-36 lbs. of boost. the car weighs 3275. i run 2 atr wastegates. alot has to do with the compression on the motor. i am 8 to 1. a guy at 9 to 1 or 10 to 1 can run less boost and make more power. also timing has a part to. the more you run the less boost you run. i prefer low compression and timimg and alot of boost.

Ray,

How is the new project comming along???
Shoot me an email about which power adder you are going with.

the ta is coming along. it should look pretty cool with the new ram air hood and the color is going to be the new sunset orange. the chassis is going to be 25.2 specs with 10.5 33w's under it. it should weigh around 3000 lbs. we are going with a 101 turbo from turbo people. job spetter jr. will be tuning the beast. it should really fly. i'll keep you updated as things progress.

Originally posted by twinturbo274
the ta is coming along. it should look pretty cool with the new ram air hood and the color is going to be the new sunset orange. the chassis is going to be 25.2 specs with 10.5 33w's under it. it should weigh around 3000 lbs. we are going with a 101 turbo from turbo people. job spetter jr. will be tuning the beast. it should really fly. i'll keep you updated as things progress.

If at all possible please post some pics of your TA and the specs of the combo (motor, tranny, fuel system, etc.).... Sunset orange is a really nice color that will make your F-body stand out from the others!:)

The guys at BMR Fabrication are in the process of building a nice stock style suspension 4th gen Camaro with a single turbo SB2 SBC motor that they want to go 8's with it cause it will be on the heavy side (3600lbs).... They will be using a T-100 turbo and should be making around 1500-1600hp when done....

Here is a link to the buildup:
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/Buildup1.htm

I have been watching that BMR build up and that has taken a long time.

I can not figure out why they decided to use a SB2 block instead of something with far better parts availability.

In any case that car should kick ass when they are done with it.

Reggie, they are using an SB2 "Rocket" block which when compared to the SB2 "Bowtie" block the Rocket is stronger and more durable (which is most likely why they decided to use it), however, parts are not easy to come by and most everything is custom.... Had they known this in advance (should have done some better research before making their decision) they would have went with the Bowtie!

i'm using a dart aluminum block with dart 18 degree heads. the motor was done by duttwieler. it made almost 1900 hp with twin turbos , but i'm going with a 101 turbo. the trans. is a glide with a neil chance convertor. my fuel pump is a 2345 weldon. i'm going to use a fast or a gen 7. the car should go deep in the sevens on a ten inch tire.

That sounds like a really nice combo! Sevens on a 10" tire is very insane:eek: :D

Steve,

Ray is going to run a M/T 33X10.5W.
7s will not be a problem!!!

That motor went 7.6 @ 180 plus
in a heavier and less aerodynamic car.

John, no doubt Ray's TA will be in the 7's on a 10.5" tire considering that the motor should be making somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000hp with the 101 turbo and it's a 3000lb car with very good aerodynamics as you stated (don't get much better than the 4th gen Firebird TA body style).... It's just amazing to me how fast guys are going on 10.5" tires like Dan Millen who ran 7.17 @198mph with his single turbo (PT-101) SBF Mustang! Very impressive to be going that fast on a 10" tire:)

Ray's Motor

That motor went 192.8 @ 3260with real big twins in my malibu 33.10.5w and had more to go its all about the tune ups.
Good luck Ray

Jason,

I look forward to you running the new tranny in a couple weeks.
Make sure to hook a brutha up with some video. =)

I think I have 2 videos of the malibu running I got off the web site but last time I tried to go there I couldnt get on..

Is the site still up ?

The malibu is badass and the chick you'll recorded walking thru the pits was too...LOL

malibu video's

I shut the web site down middle of last year it will be going again In late april when we get some up to date footage new pictures and races this year 1st. race is in san Antonio March TX clash of the titans 28..