Boost & Alky Or Boost & Cold Weather?

Clark6

IVE ALWAYS KNOWN BOOST WILL UP A LB. OR 2 IN COLD WEATHER OR THE WINTER TIME.. BUT NOW SINCE IVE PUT THE KIT ON (WHICH IS GREAT BY THE WAY) & THE BLEEDER VALVE OR BOOST CONTROLLER AS SOME CALL IT i CANNOT GET MY BOOST BELOW 20 OR 21LBS. OF BOOST , NOW IM NOT COMPLAININ MAYBE IT WILL GO DOWN IN THE SPRING BUT IVE GOT MY ACTUATOR ROD ALL THE WAY OUT & BOOST VALVE ALL THE WAY OUT BEFORE COMMING OUT OF THE NUT. & AT WOT STILL AT 20 -21 LBS. OF BOOST IVE HAD IT UP TO 26 THEN TURNED IT BACK DOWN SO I KNOW IT HAS MORE JUST NOT SURE ITS THE WISEST THING TO DO. . I GOT RID OF A LOT OF MY KNOCK RETARD MAN DID I HAVE SOME BAD MOTOR MOUNTS PUT THE HR POLY ON THE DRIVER SIDE. SOUND LIKE MY DASH BOARDS VIBRATING LOOSE. I MAY PUT A STOCK MOUNT BACK ON THE DRIVERSIDE THIS SPRING . NOW DURING THE TRANSITION TO WOT KR ONLY LIKE 1.4 AT 2.4 ON THE STREET HAVENT TRIED THE TRACK YET GOT ME SOME NEW 28x9 SLICKS ON THE NEW M/T RIMS, shhhhhhhh dont tell my wife she'd go nuts.:eek: but back to the boost i see that diff. temps on some days it runs a little lean or picking up slight knock when i get on it like that 1.4kr again but goes away some days it has 0.0 but on the cold day i just lean down & tweak the knob up. oh yeah could the cool alky thats being injected in the motor cause that 2 extra psi of boost thats keeping me from turning it down past 20-21 boost. & as far as that turning that knob to adjust for cold days should i just go into the TT chip & turn the timing down a couple of degrees for the street & just go back to default at the track?:confused:

what boost controller are you using ?
if its a bleeder all the way out would be more boost not less

and colder air will yeild a leaner mix and boost will be higher if you were tuned a bit rich . it's wise if boosting in cold weather to add a little more fuel and back a couple degrees out , i do this every time i leave the track since you never know what the weather will do . always good to setup tune on the safer side (rich)

its a good idea to set little rich /less boost and less timing and turn alky up just a touch for your first pass at the track and then you can evaluate if its its ok to drop fuel/add boost and add timing

on the mount make sure its properly torqued on the bolt through the frame perch (see instructs) ,

its an nsx manual boost controller looks a lot like the brass rjc boost controller.

thanks pace on the tuning tip i'll get that timing down a little
till track time i cant wait to try out the new slicks i bought.

instructions(motor mount) didnt come with mine got it from gbody.com it has the 70 rubber bushing in it , but i do believe i got as tight as i could.... didnt get a torque ranch in there though maybe i ought to go try again it sounds like teeth chattering. under the hood or dash rather.