Bone Stock

ccbrett

QUICK 6
Hey guys I have a bone stock 87Gn what kind of boost adjustments can i make without damage. Thanks for the help

you can run about 17-18 lbs on 93 with a TURBO TWEAK chip. get a scanmaster and monitor knock and other engine functions.

But first you better hotwire your fuel pump. Maybe even replace it with one of Reds XP pumps.

Russ

Read up. There's a lot of "insurance" you need to think about if you want to do it right - spring cleaning, chip, octane, etc etc.
Get a scan tool and/or knock gauge before playing with more boost.

For sur ethe TT chip is the way to go. But MAKE SURE the car is 110% before playing with it. This means fuel pump and hotwire, scantool, boost gauge, car starts and does not stumble when cold, runs out perfectly, etc.

Once its right I know you would really enjoy a Alky Control kit on the car.

Go to the link provided, look for Resources

Click there, look down the list for Spring Cleaning

Turbo Regal Web Site

That website is the resource depot for TR info, especially early on.

Familiarize yourself with it now, but you'll use it throughout your TR-time.

Semper Fi & HTH

Thanks guys it does run out nicely no problems there. I have an after market fuel pump already with Hot wire (sig). Ill start by researching. Ill definatley look at the scan tool and TT chip. I dont want to mess up nothing first time having a turbo car so dont want to learn the hard way.

If the fuel pump is good, you can slap in a test pipe, fill it full of race gas and give it as much boost as you you want.

Seriously, though, no matter what chip is in it, the car won't be faster than mid 13's on straight pump gas, no matter how much boost you put in it.

Chips that allow 17-18 psi of boost on pump gas do so by cutting back on the timing so it's kind of a wash as far as performance is concerned, especially if its a stock turbo, stock air cleaner, stock exhaust car.

With a Turbo Buick, you need to reduce backpressure, increase intake flow, cool the charge temperature and Increase octane (to allow more boost) to go faster, then make it hook to be quicker.

You didn't state the obvious presence/need of having a non-stock adj. wastegate controller to manipulate boost of of your "stock setup"...?

spring cleaning first!!!! upgrade with a fuel pump and hotwire kit and adjustable fuel regulator along with a scan tool . then get to know your car tune well then get an alky kit with a chip and you should go from 250 hp to 375 hp with proper tuning and still run 93 octane