"Bone Stock" yeah right

BLACK Ttype

Getting Respectable!
I took my new '84 to the track yesterday.
Made one pass--slow.
O2s were in the high 900s low 1000s:eek:
Turned the boost up to try to lean it out a little,
Yeah I know thats not how to lean it out, but I don't have an AFPR. and the boost was below atock to begin with, I was hoping it would help it out a little--it didn't.
O2s stayed around 1003mv.
Everything looks stock
Bosch 233 regulator, looks like stock inj.

Why is it so rich?
All I can think of is either bad FPR or wrong inj.

Car runs fine, just really fat at WOT???????????

BTW, for those who aren't familiar w/ my saga it's not the car described in my sig.

The only exhaust leak is a small crack in the DS header, but it's not bad enough to cause the O2s to be that high. The O2 crosscounts are good (very active).

The O2s stayed high even when I turned the boost up to stock, so that means the FPR is working properly correct?

The only thing I can think of is that it may have something like 36lbers and a stock inj. calibrated chip. :confused:

Sound feasable?

Thats possible. If the chip dont match the injectors, it could cause some issues. Not sure how bad a stock chip with 36lbers would be, but that is a decent difference percentage wise (28lb vs. 36lb).
You need to put a FP gauge on it and see where youre at. FPR could be screwey. Also, at least take out that O2 sensor and check it out. Have you done any tune up stuff yet (plugs)?

No I havn't changed the plugs or anything.

Only thing I've changed is the oil (it's a long drive from BG)

Other than being really fat at WOT the car runs GREAT!
(barks the tires on the 1-2 shift, even w/ a really tight conv.)

Just checked the part #'s on the inj.
They are indeed stock.

I will put the FP guage on it today, see how it looks.

If the 02's are truely that high it would be puffin' black smoke out the exhaust. What are the blm's @ under WOT?

Originally posted by Nocooler
If the 02's are truely that high it would be puffin' black smoke out the exhaust. What are the blm's @ under WOT?

Good point!

I am gonna try a new O2 sensor.
The DS header has a small crack but you can't even hear the leak, that wouldn't be enough of an exhaust leak to make the O2's that high would it?

My old car's headers were cracked worse than these and the O2's were still pretty normal.