Body side molding

okboo

Anyone know where I can get New body side molding? Either NOS or very good repro? I have a grey 87 Turbo T. This has the grey insert with the chrome. Paint code WA8573 Grey molding is code 84Q Gunmetal metallic.:confused:

Originally posted by okboo
Anyone know where I can get New body side molding? Either NOS or very good repro? I have a grey 87 Turbo T. This has the grey insert with the chrome. Paint code WA8573 Grey molding is code 84Q Gunmetal metallic.:confused:

http://www.precisiontriminc.com/products.htm

Try this ,I was looking for white ,and it seems they have every color,,,also seems their site is down for the moment

Kirban (www.kirbanperformance.com) is or was selling BSM that he said was as close to original as anyone has ever come. As I'm sure you've found, you can't get the original from GM.

Personally, I think the cars look better without it so I left mine off when I painted the car. To each his own, though. Since there's no protection I do have to be extra careful about where I park so I don't get whacked.

Jim

Thanks for the link. Why companies post web pages that are not up and running is beyond me! I'll call them and see if they can send me a catalog.
Have you used their product? If so, how accurate is the reproduction and are you satisfied? Pricing?

Thanks for the link. Why companies post web pages that are not up and running is beyond me! I'll call them and see if they can send me a catalog.
Have you used their product? If so, how accurate is the reproduction and are you satisfied? Pricing?

I've bought stuff from him in the past. His pricing is fair but not spectacular. He's a nice guy and has a genuine interest in these cars and the hobby so I buy stuff from him from time to time.

I've never used the BSM, but it comes in a 30 ft. roll and you cut it yourself. You'd have to have the old stuff so you know how to cut the angles. To the untrained eye it will look fine, but to those in the know it will not look original. I wish I was more careful pulling mine off so I could've reused it.

Jim

What I did was go to Kirbans site and read there box,then did a search for that trim ,,it led me to the site I posted above..
The site was working about a month ago,,seem to be quality stuff:D
Let me know if you use it ,dislikes/likes