Body mt repair??

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Got all the bolts out, EXCEPT the 2 rears..1 bolt twisted off, 1 turned the nut plate.:mad:
NE1 have a trik to repairing these?
I'm thinking I have to pull the body, [was thinking of that, anyway.] Cut the body x brace open, make a new plate, then weld up the hole???
Would give me a good excuse to clean the body and frame like it should be. No self respecting LSX would be seen in a grungy engine compartment!:p
[I have an Energy Suspension Poly mount set, w/ the GNX bushing, anyway.]

It's no wonder these cars don't handle, squeek, rattle, doors sag.......the 4 "center bushings" had the bottom part missing. More of that good union help.:rolleyes:

There's a guy in Canada that makes new ones Chuck. I just sent a set to Norway for a friend of mine doing a resto. He only ships to the US or Canada though so you shouldn't have any problems. The were a real quality piece from what I could tell.;)

There's a guy in Canada that makes new ones Chuck. I just sent a set to Norway for a friend of mine doing a resto. He only ships to the US or Canada though so you shouldn't have any problems. The were a real quality piece from what I could tell.;)

Thanks, Charlie....
If I can get to the threaded parts, I have the equipment to make a couple new pieces. I'm still trying to decide the best way to do that.
A. From the trunk floor down.
B. From the frame side up.

PM futten on the board and see if he'll take a pic of them for you Chuck. They're really neat looking and that might help you figure out how to make them.;)

Thanks, Charlie....
If I can get to the threaded parts, I have the equipment to make a couple new pieces. I'm still trying to decide the best way to do that.
A. From the trunk floor down.
B. From the frame side up.
Chuck,

Go from the trunk floor down. From what I have been told this is how *most* people do it.

Good luck,

Thanks, guys.
Charlie, who is "futten"?? I searched the member base, found no such handle.

It may be flutten. He's from Norway and his name's Kjetil. You can find his car posted in the B4black section Chuck.