Body bushings

pm87tb

Hello, I'm getting ready to tackle my body bushings. I wanted to know if anyone that has done this project noticed more clearance under the hood, say around the downpipe and passenger side valve cover? I have a 3'' Terry H downpipe and it's a pain in the @$$ getting the pipe in and out and i was wondering if i can look forward to more room in that area once the new bushings go in?

Thanks
Pernell

Depends on how bad the old bushings are. I did all of mine and it came up a little, maybe 1/2" after settling.
How are the motor mounts? They can make a difference too.
Passenger valve cover is a PIA to get off anyway, thats why alot of guys get rid of the heater shield.

Matt

Hello, I'm getting ready to tackle my body bushings. I wanted to know if anyone that has done this project noticed more clearance under the hood, say around the downpipe and passenger side valve cover? I have a 3'' Terry H downpipe and it's a pain in the @$$ getting the pipe in and out and i was wondering if i can look forward to more room in that area once the new bushings go in?

Thanks
Pernell
the downpipe has to turn like a corkscrew to get out should be real easy. just pull up and turn as you pull up

the downpipe has to turn like a corkscrew to get out should be real easy. just pull up and turn as you pull up

Maybe its the way the pipe is bent? It just seems like it's real hard to install and remove. It gets scratched up pretty good getting it in and out. Trying to go stainless i don't want to spend the money until i get this sorted out.
Thanks