Body bushing kit question?

84_t-type

I was trying to remove the body bushing bolts and broke the 2 bolts at the trunk section. I have been looking around at the poly body bushing kits and I have not found one that says it comes with new bolts. Has anyone bought or seen a kit that came with the bushings and the bolts? Also I was reading old posts about bushing kits and some were mentioning about the GNX extra 2 bushings. I was looking at my frame and was looking for the location that these are supposed to be and could not tell if I have them on an 84. Can I add these on and 84?

Thanks

Look at Kirbans under suspension parts....several different options.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Poly bushings made the ride in my GN suck... Too much vibration, road noise, and I felt every bump in the road. My last car, a white T had new rubber bushings and it was night and day. Smooth ride, quiet, and not harsh at all.

Poly bushings made the ride in my GN suck... Too much vibration, road noise, and I felt every bump in the road. My last car, a white T had new rubber bushings and it was night and day. Smooth ride, quiet, and not harsh at all.

James is a squid so his butt vibrates on a regular basis, so don't believe him.:ROFLMAO: You can get the bolts from Kirbans and he is the only 1 that sells the stock style bushings. If you want poly try them but most seem to like the rubber stock style.;)

I also have an 84 and the GNX bushing mounts are there. It's easier to jack up the rear and look up from behind. You will see a hole on both sides where the GNX bushing pushes in to. Here is someone's picture showing the positions.

Attachments

• 1406878194433.jpg
    1406878194433.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 337
Thanks I'm not too concerned about a smooth ride. I have a 93 YJ (that rides like a war wagon), 07 ford focus (that rides like a tin can), and 03 silverado 1500hd (the smoothest ride I own). So I'm not trying to make it ride like a cloud.

Thanks I'm not too concerned about a smooth ride. I have a 93 YJ (that rides like a war wagon), 07 ford focus (that rides like a tin can), and 03 silverado 1500hd (the smoothest ride I own). So I'm not trying to make it ride like a cloud.

I would take Poly Body Bushings over worn out, pancaked rubber Bushings. I purchased the bolts from Gbodyparts.com. He has 2 different sets of bolts.
Kirban sells the Rubber body Bushings.
Prothane or Energy Suspension make Poly Body Bushings.

I went with poly bushings and bolts from Kirbans. I think the ride is nice. Not harsh at all.

Did that kit come with the extra GNX bushings?

The Prothane and Energy Suspension both come with the #5 GNX Bushing and the bottom bushings of #3, 4 and 7 which are mostly missing as well.
Jegs sells the Prothane and Energy Suspension kit.

Kirban's Rubber Bushing also come with the same.

Mine is the energy suspension kit and yes it came with the GNX bushings. I found the install pretty straight forward but you need to take it slow. Helps a lot if you can get on a lift.

I used with a poly kit from Energy suspensions, yes they come with all the bushings and washers including the GNX. I purchased a new bolt kit from Kirbans. In a couple places I had find longer bolts to use because the Poly bushings dont compress as far as the stock ones. Ride and road noise is great compared to rotted bushings with metal on metal contact.

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 258