Body Bushing Install Question???

1BADT

TurboHolic
Could someone explain to me how to replace body bushings... Do you have to jack the car up? Should I loosen them all up first then replace? Can they be done one at a time? Whats the easiest way? THANKS

Are you doing all of the bushings or just the lowers? Just the lowers is pretty easy, doing all of the bushings, uppers, lowers and GNX are a PITA.

Read the gnttype page as that is how I did it. Good luck, have fun :)

The instructions in that second link are the one's I used and are very accurate, BUT they forgot one important step, and I still cringe at the thought of the mess I made because of it.

Here's the VITAL MISSING step: remove the 10mm screws holding the power steering reservoir to it's braket and let it hang loose, it won't go any where.

The reason that step is needed is, when you raise the driver's side of the body ( I raised mine a good 4" to get my hands up in there to get bushing #2 out) as the body is lifted it also brings with it the PS reservoir attached to the fender liner. The hoses attached to it are attached to the steering pump and box (mounted on the engine and frame). They don't lift, so the hoses got pulled taught and ripped the bottom of the PS reservoir out dumping all the PS fluid on my carpeted garage floor :eek: :mad: