Body assembly

86gngirl

GN's. A girls best friend
Does anyone know if they made a body assembly manuel for our TR's? If so, how and where can I get one? I bought an 87 GN thats in pieces and needs put back together. Bolts are in bags and misc pieces are in boxes. Any help would be great and thanks in advance!!!

Yes they did. I've seen a few of them and unfortunetly I didn't have deep enough pockets to win the bids. The cheapest one was $350 about 5 years ago on eBay and the last one I lost out at $550. I was going to hock the mortgage to justify that one assuming I could break even on the reprints. I dont know what I'm going to do the next time I see one.:confused: You'd think someone would be reprinting it.The closest thing there is, is the parts catalog. I do have one for the engine. Maybe some one can post the link to the on-line CD for both of them. In my personal collection I have the FSM,44W parts catalog and the engine assembly manuals. That probaly covers about 60% of the information you need to do a ground up restoration IMO.

Thanks for the info Eric. Hope someone can post the link you speak of or even know where I can get a copy of it. If by any chance you see one for sale let me know, I may have to hock one of my kids but you gotta do what you gotta do, lol.

P.S. Just kidding about the kid hocking thing.:biggrin: I'd be willing to give up atleast 2 kids for the manuel. J/K

Hey 86 Gn Girl, Check Out The Next Meet In Your Area,n. Huntingdon Area,not Far From You, We Have A Few Local Guys That Can Help You With Location Of Bolts And Fastners,heck I Have 2 Parts Cars You Can Refer To,i'm Sure You Can Reference From Your Own. I Do Have A Friend I'll Check With On The Body Build Books.

That would be awesome if you'd check with your friend for me. Even if he does have them, I'd just want to borrow it for a few days and copy all of it. I could use my 86 as a reference car and I also have a parts car, but thank you for the offer. It would be easier to have the pages in front of me instead of running back and forth between cars,lol. Thanks again.

I should be at the next meet, missed the last one cause my neihbor went syco. Long story but maybe I'll fill all you guys in at the meet.:biggrin:

Maybe someone has a version you can print from?

Printing is disabled on the version I have also.

I work around this if I have patience and want hard copy of specific info and/or diagrams. This method is crude but it can help with a page or picture - I love the pictures! lol
  1. I open the section I want to use -
  2. Rotate the pages - up on the tool bar roll your mouse ocross the overlapping pages - clic.
  3. Open a new word document - minimize margins and rotate to landscape.
  4. Hit control/print screen in reference doc.
  5. Paste in word doc - use picture tool bar to crop off all the screen image extras you don't want.
  6. Stretch the remains to maximum usable size - not too much streteching here - I'm old and things get fuzzy when I stretch too much!
  7. Then Print and Save to 'MY_Buick_Ink' folder if I think I might need this page again.
That might help.

GN Girl - did I see you at Kirbans? I think I remember 'Hers' GN - nice. If you were, did you meet Holly form VT. driving 'LUV 2'?

We drove the gray WI Twotone T.
Later.

Printing is disabled on the version I have also.

I work around this if I have patience and want hard copy of specific info and/or diagrams. This method is crude but it can help with a page or picture - I love the pictures! lol
  1. I open the section I want to use -
  2. Rotate the pages - up on the tool bar roll your mouse ocross the overlapping pages - clic.
  3. Open a new word document - minimize margins and rotate to landscape.
  4. Hit control/print screen in reference doc.
  5. Paste in word doc - use picture tool bar to crop off all the screen image extras you don't want.
  6. Stretch the remains to maximum usable size - not too much streteching here - I'm old and things get fuzzy when I stretch too much!
  7. Then Print and Save to 'MY_Buick_Ink' folder if I think I might need this page again.
That might help.

GN Girl - did I see you at Kirbans? I think I remember 'Hers' GN - nice. If you were, did you meet Holly form VT. driving 'LUV 2'?

We drove the gray WI Twotone T.
Later.

I remeber a Grey T, I think we were parked beside each other? At least I was parked by a Grey T at the banquet for Kirbans. You'll have to excusse me, I met so many people that weekend that names have slipped my mind. The grey T I speak of is on the left side of the picture. I had another of this T but cant find it. Is this one yours?

Attachments

• DSC_2523.JPG
    DSC_2523.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 153
Found another of that T, interior shot. This T was beautiful!!

Attachments

• ATS%20007.jpg
    ATS%20007.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 135