board member looking for some help from hawaii guys

loki993

ok, this is probally a HUGE longshot, but I thought I would give it a try. Its been about 5 years since I left hawaii. I had a car sitting at BSM performance having a lot of work done to it. well they took a very long time to do the work on the car, about a year in fact, what ended up happining is that the car wasnt finished when I had to leave and there was a deal made that they would finish the car and send it to me, I have everything set up through the navy when I left and had given them limeted power of attorny, I had it set up so that the only thing they could do was sign to ship the car for me, well right before I left they gave me a bill for about 2k for work I had them do to the car in addition to what I had already paid for. I didnt have the money at the time and was on my way the getting another job so I fugured I would pay the when I got the money, well the job fell through I coudnt pay them and basically lost contact with them about 6 months later, it was never easy getting ahold of them anyway. the car was a black 90 camaro RS. I had them swap in a built LT1 and a t56 6 speed. it had a moser 12 bolt rear end and full exhaust. I have no Idea what has happened to the car or if BSM is still around. I need some help for you guys.

are any of you familiar with BSM performance, the car in question or both. I have about 10k into this car, still paying off the loan and have finally gotten to a point finantially where I may be able to get it back. I would hate to just have to eat all the money and never even see the car run. If anyone has any information or can help me out by doing a little research I would really appriciate it. thanks in advance.

also, I put this in the turbo lounge thinking it may get more exposure here, dont know if it would be better in the hawaii area or not. if anyone in hawaii on this board could help me at all it would be greatly appriciated. I know its a longshot, but I gotta give it one last try before I chaulk it up as a really expensive lesson. thanks.

Do you have the VIN? Get a carfax report on it. I would be willing to venture it has been retitled and has a new owner. If I owned a shop and someone owed me over 2K on a car that was just sitting there taking up space, it would not take me 5 years to get rid of it. Best of luck!

I know, the thing is though, before my car got put in there they has this RX7 that had been sitting there for about 3 years. they finally had to get it moved to make space to get my car in. I believe the owner had a hook up with one of his cop buddies and had it moved to the police impound lot or something, to this day im almost positive they have never applied for a lost title or mechanics lien on the car, when I first says it 3 years before i got my car in I had inquired about buying it and they said it was too much of a pain the get a title for it. dont know, maybe they would have wanted to get a title for my car, they were primairaly a camaro shop, but Im still holding out a little hope. I dont know if I can find the vin for the car, mover 3 times since then, Ill try to find it and see if someone on the board may be able to run a carfax.

still waiting for you hawaii guys out there, you know anything about the fate of my car or BSM?? yall should be getting off work soon :)

If you need, I can try and stop by on my day off... and inquire with Bode on the car and whatever became of it.

Is BSM still around? I called before and left messages and never got a returned call back. They still in bussiness?

If you need, I can try and stop by on my day off... and inquire with Bode on the car and whatever became of it.

if you could that would be great, id appriciate it very much. have you been there lately?? have you seen the car??

Is BSM still around? I called before and left messages and never got a returned call back. They still in bussiness?

thats one of the problems, I dont know. about 8 months after I left one of my friends from the navy got TAD to hawaiii for a couple weeks and stopped by a few times, he said that the doors were closed and it didn look like anybody was there, dont know if just maybe they may have ben somewhere elses, a trip or something, or they werent there anymore. as for the calls, they never have been good about answering the phone or returning calls, I alaways had to go down the the shop if I wanted to talk to somebody. over the entire years and a half process that I was in contact with the I believe I actually got them on the phone a grand total of 3 times.

Last time I saw doors open was a couple of months ago, but I dont work close by anymore... They seem to keep wierd hours (like me) so maybe the regular job takes up a lot of their real time.

I'll try to make a trip out there this week and I will let ou know what I find.

The last number I have for Bode/BSM is 808-225-5411. Bode is a nice guy but after 5 years, who knows about the car. The shop is small and maybe he needed the room. Best of luck to you.

The last number I have for Bode/BSM is 808-225-5411. Bode is a nice guy but after 5 years, who knows about the car. The shop is small and maybe he needed the room. Best of luck to you.

thanks. I know he is. I dont really expect him to have it anymore and I didnt expect him to hold on to it for me, but I was holding out a little hope that maybe it may still be there or he would have it some where else. well see I guess. id be nice to get it back, we were building a rocket.

Last time I saw doors open was a couple of months ago, but I dont work close by anymore... They seem to keep wierd hours (like me) so maybe the regular job takes up a lot of their real time.

I'll try to make a trip out there this week and I will let ou know what I find.

nice to know that their still around. when I was there that was their regular job, are they all doing something else now?? just running the shop on the side? I would really appriciate it if you could swing by and see what you can find. Id just really like my car back, it would be nice to drive it after paying all that money for it.

just on a side note I dont know what I was thinking, it dosnt have a moser 12 bolt. it has a currie 9 inch.

Here's your answer....

On 3-4-07 I checked with Bodie (Owner) of BSM . He stated that the vehicle was disposed of a few years ago. Sorry Bud, but it is long gone.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

thanks for checking on that for me I really appriciate it. I knew it was a longshot, oh well, just a very expensive lesson learned. well I guess more money for a GN :).