BMR suspension stuff

Stuie

Waiting for Spring!
Just wondering if anyone else out there has used BMR A arms or rear control arms on a GN or TR?? Just needs to go for an alignment now!!

Attachments

• DSCF0005a.JPG
    DSCF0005a.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 215
  • DSCF0010a.JPG
    DSCF0010a.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCF0007a.JPG
    DSCF0007a.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCF0009a.JPG
    DSCF0009a.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 183
Stuie said:
Just wondering if anyone else out there has used BMR A arms or rear control arms on a GN or TR?? Just needs to go for an alignment now!!
----------------------------
Stuie:
I am using the BMR rear tubular fully adjustable upper control arms with the spherical bearing at the frame side and the factory rubber bushing (highly recommended for street use) at the rear end side and they are great. If you look at their picture, you can easily see that they are beefier than any of the others. Function flawlessly. If you have not bought rear upper control arms yet, even if you are not a drag racer, you will not regret buying & installing these. I am using the Global West tubular lowers, spherical frame side & Del-A-Lum other side & they are great also. About $325 per set, either set. Kool.

3 things

1 Looks awesome
2 Which rear end is that
3 Nice stamped driveway,looks awesome also....

It looks to be an 8.5 10-bolt with the shocks relocated to clear the parking brake lever. but i could be wrong.

I'm running BMR boxed lower rear control arms and tubular upper arms on both of my cars. They are high quality and affordably priced. If you get poly bushings in them they have greasable fittings. However, I have yet to figure out how to grease the lower control arm fittings that are closest to the frame. The grease gun fitting will not clear the control arms/frame. So, be sure to grease them before installing them on the car.

I knew there was some good reason to get spherical bearings at the frame side.

Stuie said:

I would love to know the front ride height of your car from either the center of the front fender or beneath the car at the center support.

Looks good, I have the QA1's all the way around and have to admit to not having much success with the fronts.

Looks good, how many shims are you running on each upper A arm?

I bought upper A's to replace the stockers in my car and am very unhappy with them. On the passenger side the bolt is not long enough to hold all the shims I will need to get +1 degree camber. The car has never been hit and the spindle is fine. I think they are designed to be used just like how you got it - with their lower A's and big wheels.

And with the wheel weights on the inside edge of my 16" wheels, they hit the mounting cups at full lock in either direction. I have not driven the car yet and I think the tire will hit the forward side of the arm too....

Check my post out here:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188152

I run the exact same setup on my rear as yours (no complaints at all) and am very disappointed with the dimensions on these arms.... :rolleyes:

By the way how are those Toyo T1-Rs? I ran the -S and was very happy on my daily.