BMP track rental pictures from yesterday.. Lotta pics!!!

peterkin said:
I had a great time also. Was it me or did everyone there with a buick have a trans-brake? What did you guys do, get a group purchase going? Who does your transmissions, those things didn't skip a beat. Well, except for the ones of you that were missing shifts and bouncing off rev limiters. ;)
It was awesome to see John Schmidt (<--sp?) run a 7.8x@181. That was awesome! Billy Anderson better watch his back, John is on him like Pacman now!

Orlando, I have a nice video of your attempt at a 25psi trans-brake launch.

Alex/Steve,

I'll need an email address from one of you to give you access to the server. I'll get the video off tonight and get it on the server.

It's funny you mention the trans-brakes I said the samething to my dad about everybody putting one on... I know Mark (TTA on Welds), Orlando, and Wayne all have 200's built by Ivan at Tranny Tech in Miami..

My email is wanted667@hotmail.com

I had a great time and the pics are great .I only made 2 runs first run was a 10.91 @ 120 mph and the 2nd run the car went 10.86 @ 122 mph we are still sorting the car out . Both runs were best ever et's .JD congrats on your 10 sec et. Roy, everybody missed you. The track prep was the best I have ever scene for a test and tune . Greg Harmon

Thanks Gary, was along time coming!!
Congrats on the runs hope you get the bugs worked out before BG!!!! :D :D

IN-TERunk-COOLER

Nice pics. Gary!

BTW do you have any additional info on the GN with the cooler in the trunk? I'm assuming thats for a liquid intercooler. Are those bilge pumps from a boat?
Thanks,

2turboRX7 said:
Nice pics. Gary!

BTW do you have any additional info on the GN with the cooler in the trunk? I'm assuming thats for a liquid intercooler. Are those bilge pumps from a boat?
Thanks,

Yes that is a custom liquid intercooler that Freddy has that we like to call "Mr. January"... He's using a stock IC that has been boxed up and as you can probably tell the cooler in the trunk holds the ice water and the bilge pumps from a boat are used to circulate the water thru the boxed up stock IC... Let's just say the MAT #'s are pretty good! :biggrin: :cool:

Steve (not Gary):wink:

We all had a great time at Bradenton. Just got back from the Florida trip stopping over at Daytona for the 24 Hour Rolex.

If anyone has a video of the Opel pass please post it. A local at the track "Yogi" as in Berra videoed the pass and was going to send it to me. Didn't receive it. Another Buick guy said he also videoed it but unfortunately I didn't remember who it was.

One small correction. It was 7.58, not 7.8X.

As always, can't thank Cal enough for taking the time to tutor me through the fine tuning. He made it happen. Thanks.

John, Peterkin has some video of the Opel running an 8.4x pass @178mph against the dragster and a 7.9x or 7.8x pass, not sure if he got the 7.58.. He is working on shrinking them down so that he can post them up... Glad you had a great time at Bradenton and hopefully we can get to see the Riv down here next year :biggrin: :cool:

They are ready to be posted, but I don't have anywhere to put them. I can give someone access to the folder the files are in on my PC at home if you can host.

DEL said:
Great pictures, some damn nice Buicks featured!

Thanks for posting!
Great pics, thanks for the work. Wow I hadnt seen Tweaked 2 in another car without the turbos yet, kind of use to seeing it the Lime green Camaro :cool: But then again, not use to seeing one of his P91.5 turbo's in my st2 Gn, just not setting in really until now. Nice job on the pics man :D

that was a good day

That was a good time, Id like to see it happen more often! The F body guys had to be pretty embarassed as well as the corvettes as they were mostly pigs! Good pics steve-o

Quint said:
Great pics, thanks for the work. Wow I hadnt seen Tweaked 2 in another car without the turbos yet, kind of use to seeing it the Lime green Camaro :cool: But then again, not use to seeing one of his P91.5 turbo's in my st2 Gn, just not setting in really until now. Nice job on the pics man :D

Yeah it was weird to see LC's motor from T2 with a blower and in a different car cause I've seen T2 serveral times over the years at Orlando for the World Street Nationals...

You will have to post some pics of your Stage2 GN with that turbo! :cool:

DEL/Needboost: Thanks for the kind words guys it was definitely a good time:)

Great Pics

Great pictures, I have been wondering if a strut tower brace would fit sence i put the V6 in the IROC. :cool:

88ZNX said:
Great pictures, I have been wondering if a strut tower brace would fit sence i put the V6 in the IROC. :cool:

Yeah JD's TTA is the first one I have seen with the strut tower brace... Glad the pics could help answer your question :)