Blowproof GN motor, NEW 109 block. The best of the best.

turbomaster

I built this motor years ago with all the "good stuff". It has a virgin (not used) 109 block that came directly from buick with no VIN number on it. It has a new polished TTA crossdrilled crank, polished TR rods, TTA stock bore GM pistons, full balance, and a girdle to hold it all together. I stamped my SS number into it to indentify it as my motor, also in the RJC girdle that was machined to the block by G&M Motors in St. Louis. Balanced and machined by Mike Christianson, G&M Automotive. The heads are 8445's with a fresh valve job by allied motors in St. Charles Missouri. They are supposed to be 100 lbs on the seat spring pressure. I havn't checked it.. The intake, TB, plenum are included.
I have around 5K in building this blowproof 3.8. It has an 8.5 cr wtih 1 steel shim head gasket per side, to run pump gas with low boost, and not blow head gaskets or drive over the crank. I like to make it home! :)
It's a nice stock bore 3.8 with a NEW GM 109 block that will take you home. Aprox 5K miles on this baby.

$3500.00 or best offer
314-413-4334

long block ready to go

I stripped this motor down to the long block. I took some fairly good digital pictures of the rotating assembly and RJC girdle. I will just keep intake, pan, front cover etc. Basically, this is a fresh TTA short block with girdle, polished and balanced rotating assembly, some freshly ground stock 8445 heads, with ARP fasteners holding it all together. I'd post the pics if someone could direct me on how to post them.
I'll let this nice motor go for 2500.00 shipped in the US. That's a better deal than the TTA short blocks were going for when they could still be bought, since the heads are on it too. Email and I'll send pics to anyone interested. The pics show the SG-1 cast into the 109 block clearly.

314-413-4334

Just out of curiosity, I sat down and tried to add up all the expenses involved with building this motor. I'll try to list it, but I know it's not all of the expenses.

Heads with valves, springs and iron guides $550.00 (8445 GN)
Block, new bare "109" turbo with the SG-1 $500.00
TTA crossdrilled "turbo" crank $550.00
RJC Girdle with ARP main studs $400.00
Clevite "77" bearings $100.00
Good used std. TTA GM turbo pistons $125.00
Rings (don't remember the brand) $200.00
ARP rod and head bolts $125.00
Machine work and internal balance $500.00

Total looks to be $2950.00

All 87 GN motor, extremely dependable. It would take a lot to pop a head gasket or drop the crank on this mill. :)
I would be willing to meet someone half way to save some shipping hassles, but was going to ship it for 2500.00 cash.
I don't need this motor right now and it needs a good home. Broke in and ready to run with your bolt-on parts. Toss in a cam and go racing.

It looks like this motor is still available. I've had several folks say they want it, but so far no money has changed hands.

The RJC girdle was not installed using the procedure with the shims. The entire block was put on a bridgeport machine with front cover, the main caps were countersunk and torqued to the block, and the entire block and front cover were machined down to a flat surface to mate up to a flat girdle. This is Mike Christianson's procedure and I agreed wholeheartedly to it, rather than use a bunch of shims and machining only the caps. It wasn't a bolt on, but produces a much stronger engine than shimming the caps to the girdle. Mike has been racing these motors for many many years and has installed lots of girdles. He usually makes his own, but it was easier to just buy the RJC girdle from Jason. It is deffinitely a NICE girdle kit.
The internal balance was an easy one. Since all the parts were made to go together by GM, there was only about half a gram difference on the crank to bring everything together perfectly balanced. I spent hours polishing the rods, weighing parts and matching all the rods/bearings and pistons/rings/pins. The wrist pins are all centered in the pistons after engine assembly. This is a common problem for people with little experience building an off-center motor such as this one. The pins get pressed wrong and the pistons rock over after a while and ruin the block. Not happenin on a motor I build. I've built too many of these motors to make that mistake, and fixed a few that others pressed wrong.
Not an easy fix once the car is running, but it will kill one of these motors quickly. It is a small, but important part of building a long lasting buick GN motor.

Yep, it's still here. Had 3-4 people say they were buyin it, but it's still here.
I deleted a bunch of private messages. Hope it's ok now.

MOTOR

WILL THIS SETUP SUPPORT A HIGH NINE COMBO OR LOW TENS?
I NEED A BOTTOM THAT WILL SUPPORT THIS? IF SO CONTACT ME AND EMAIL PICS PLEASE?
MY STOCK BOTTOM WONT LAST TOO MUCH LONGER...:D