Blown head gasket?

Spooln1

Need to help diagnosing another issue with this car. I'll give as much info as possible. I haven't driven this car much since I bought it back in late February. Have maybe 200 miles max on her since purchase. Only had the pedal to the floor a couple times for very short durations. The car is a beast and I didnt want to break anything or shit myself. After a short burst with my wife in the car the water temp jumped to 210 in a hurry. I was real close to home and parked it. Found I had a big coolant leak from what I thought was the water pump. Got it taken apart to replace and found it was just the upper radiator hose that rubbed through on the water pump pully. Replaced the pump and hose anyway since I had one and everything was apart. Start it up and its running like crap. Was running a little rough earlier too. I'll post SM readings below. Put everything back together fire her up, let her idle. 1250 to start, drops to 850-900 after warm up. After warmup temp shoots to 200. I'm getting lots o bubbles in the overflow, and some black smoke out the back pipes. Its the HG right? The car needs a tune for sure. Heads are O-ringed GN1's from Weber. Rest of the set up is in my sig.

SM readings at idle warm(may be in improper order)
TPS .44
IAC 95
MAL 23 code - maf?
AF 10
INT 114-122
BL 128
CLT 143-159ish
ATS 71

I was writing these down fast before shut off. may be missing a reading.

Thanks for any help
Neil

well bubbles in the overflow and running hooter than normal is an indication of a blown hg......but not black smoke out the tail pipe. Generally it will be white and burnt coolant has a distint smell. Black smoke is an indication of fuel or being very rich.....I dont have my spec card infront of me to tell you wht a code 23 is........if it is the maf it will cause the rough run and black smoke.....you may have multiple issues.

So after your water pump and hose replacement the car runs fine?

Car runs real rough after replacing the pump and hose. Temp shot up to 200-210 after replacement as well. Its hard to say about the oil smell. I just replaced the oil at the same time as this. I did smell some but dont know if thats from the change or a blown HG. I'm pretty sure MAL 23 is the MAF and its been on since I got the car. Its an LT1. Car has had a 50/50 mixture of 93/100 0ctane gas in it since owned as well.

well running rough and black smoke is a real good indication of a maf going or gone bad......while the car is running tap on the maf to see if it affects the idle quality good or bad. Also while running unplug the maf and see if there is any change.

When you say the temp shot up to 200-210 what exactly does that mean? What does the car temp usually run at and at what ambient temp? How long from the time you started the car does it take to get to 200? Does your cooling fan come on?

Car usually runs between 160-170 or so. Its got dual fans on a newer radiator which i believe were running. It ran for more than 5 minutes as I was looking around for leaks and such. Oil PSi was still around 60 or so when I looked at the gauge and saw the temp was that high. Looks like the MAF for sure has to be replaced. I dont want to run the car again til I have this figured out.

When i changed the oil it looked normal. No milkshake.

Thanks for all your help btw
Neil

Do a search for code 23. Lots of info on that. I'ld take care of that first.

so, after some more reading and then searching for the MAT sensor in the engine compartment. I found it unpluggled laying on a frame rail next to the power steering. Also, the upper radiator hose had collapsed, that must be the reason for the high temp.

What does the plug look like for the MAT?