Blowing fuel pump / injector fuse

Nascar83Fan

The last 2 days i had been trying to troubleshoot why i was blowing that 15 amp fuse, after trying the unhooking the harness from the Ignition control module it stopped blowing the fuse and the fuel pump would prime. As before i unhooked the harness from the ICM, it wouldnt prime the fuel pump because it'd pop the fuse as soon as i turned the key to try to start her.
As of now with the harness unhooked the pump primes and doesnt blow the fuse upon trying to start her.

So i am leaning towards possible fuel injector harness short or short in coil pack / ignition control module is what i am getting out of that test to try to isolate where the issue lies. I can't find any grounds that are not properly grounded and the wires for the tach & fuel pump behind the alternator area arent touching anything from what i can tell.
So it leaves me to believe that my issue lies with the harness somewhere as for a couple minutes last night i got her to run two times after i replaced the fuse before she blew the fuse and kept blowing them afterwards with the harness hooked up even this morning. Am i on the right track since the fuel pump obviously isnt the problem based on the troubleshooting results so far?

What vendors would be recommended to order the injector harness from, since i am fairly sure it is the original factory one that came on the car off the assembly line?

1987 buick regal turbo t , astroroof, mostly original, scanmaster 2.1, turbo tweak chip 91octane, no hotwire kit mods, 50lb injectors, ported stock heads, mild cam setup, stock turbo & intercooler, stock air intake system, oem replacement maf sensor, 40 series flowmaster dual mufflers setup 2 1/4 stock size exhaust tubing

What ignition control module did you unplug the CCCI or the ECM.

Computer controlled coil ignition module under the hood or the Electronic Control Module in the car?

check the fuel pump test lead connector located behind the alternator. if it shorts against something it will pop the fuse.

I had one that was frayed and it was a pain in the arse to find that little gremlin.

The underhood connector that connects to the ignition control module,
I took a chance and called lou to see if he could confirm something with the issue. He walked me through tracking down the wire i had trouble finding and I with some help from lou at lou automotive found the dang test wire hidden under the alternator. As soon as i freed it from under there she fired up after i reconnected the . I had called his number and he helped me out over the phone. He asked me to make sure i mentioned him on here and spread the word. He is a very nice guy and a very knowledgeable person. Thanks again to yall and Lou for the help.

The underhood connector that connects to the ignition control module
I took a chance and called lou to see if he could confirm something with the issue. He walked me through tracking down the wire i had trouble finding and I with some help from lou at lou automotive found the dang test wire hidden under the alternator. As soon as i freed it from under there she fired up after i reconnected the connector on the ICM that the coil pack sits under. She is t blowing fuses anymore and she is running again.
I had called his number and he helped me out over the phone. He asked me to make sure i mentioned him on here and spread the word. He is a very nice guy and a very knowledgeable person. Thanks again to yall and Lou for the help.

Well I guess unplugging the CCCI underhood connector really didn't have anything to do with the problem so that makes sense. :cool:

It just helped me to trace which end the issue was in and let me test for where to look to fix the problem before i spent money that i didnt need to.