Blower motor resistor

Two T's

Long Time member
Hi guys I have a problem I just got my car up and running again was down for 3 years. Got motor back in fired it up everything seemed to be going well then noticed some smoke comeing from blower motor and or blower resistor, pulled plugs of no burnt wires. Got new blower motor but resister that I took out has 7 male spades one plug has 5 3 on top 2 on bottom other plug has 2 shaped like L. And when taken out with 2 screws like most are pulled out and the thing is about 6 inches long . I should mention I do have the soft touch controls not the levers like in most. Dose anybody know the part # and where I can get one from I looked at Oreilly auto no luck there is a green circuit board on it about 4 1/2 inches long I can see a # 3041-121 rev c can anybody help?
Thanks Tom

Caspers has a newer design module. The same happened to mine, but it actually still worked when I tried it again. My blower motor/fan was stuck and would not spin when I turned it on..... It let a lot of smoke out.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks look it up now I have an option capers sure makes good stuff. Thanks for replying
Tom

They also might have a few at this type of parts store.
That's where I get mine.

Attachments

• USED PARTS STORE.png
    USED PARTS STORE.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 108
hello people; I also have the touch climate controls and I believe Caspers blower resister is like $200.00. What other cars use the same resister if anyone knows?
IBBY

I bit the bullet and spent the money..:mad: I was pissed when I seen the price of the resistor for the touch climate. I dont regret spending the money though

Sure did, which is what cause the smoke to roll out. Figured it out and it works fine now........ :D
Even the module still works ;)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app