Blow off valve install pics.

onefastcar

mono e mono
I know i'm gonna get a little flaming but have thought about installing one after i put the te-61 on, i hear a lot of flutter when i get off the gas and want this thing to last as long as i have it on, so installed pics and types recomended would be appreciated and if ya gotta get your licks in thats fine i have thick skin.;)

We are not 4 cyl. 2.0L angines :( , we are 3.8L or more V6 :) ,the turbo will last as long as you want it to ! till you upgrade AGAIN !...I would say:rolleyes: ... the idea about turbo bearing overload without blow-off valve is nonsense ! just a point to sell those things I think...but ...If you like that choo/choo noise :D ...than go for it !:confused:

the HKS SSQV BOV will work fine

i used to run a greddy type R

but now dont run a bov at all.. just make sure you supply a good vaccum source to it, and the threads on the adjusment screw have thread sealer on them " they like to leak there"

new2.jpg

Could be confused;) but engineers for Gm, Ford, Chrysler and those little Asian car manufacturers have been using blow off valves for awhile :eek:
its there for a reason:rolleyes: maybe they thought it just looks and lets add some extra weight oh yea don't forget it looks cool and makes it sound like a freight train.:wink:

I have an SSQV but I don't think I've taken any pictures of it yet. Really simple install, just drill a hole in the up-pipe and stick on the universal flange. Then the BOV itself is held on with a snap ring.

Discussing their worth is futile, some people are just hell-bent on saying that you don't need it. I'm sure there are hundreds of turbo regals out there with high mileage on the stock turbo and never bothered with a BOV, but that still doesn't mean they're useless.

:confused:
Could be confused;) but engineers for Gm, Ford, Chrysler and those little Asian car manufacturers have been using blow off valves for awhile :eek:
its there for a reason:rolleyes: maybe they thought it just looks and lets add some extra weight oh yea don't forget it looks cool and makes it sound like a freight train.:wink:
just to let you know ! ENGINEERS from what ever ? it's they way they build it so they are safe on WARRANTY CLAIMS from any IDIOT that overboosts/overpowered the motor ....then removes/ hides the stuff before they take it to a dealer for a repair / when it fails !!! it's cold common sense build into any engine ! I have been a Chevy tech for over 20 years , people start doing crazy things to the cars / turbo cars are the #........as soon as they buy them , again.....:rolleyes: , if you people like that choo/ choo train noise , go for it , it sure will not cause any problems to you motor , as far as to ...we MUST HAVE IT ...THE ENGINEERS are using it for a while ? ....well ... find a posts on this FORUM saying ...MY TURBO FAILED ME LAST NIGHT ,I KNOW IT IS BECAUSE I DID NOT HAVE BLOW OFF VALVE !!! ...:cool:

I dont think any of our vehicles (MB) use BOV. But then again the only engine that comes with turbos is the v12's......

Sorry but I had to jump in. BOV came from road racing where you were on and off the gas, corners, ect. Even running 20PSI when you slam the TB closed you can see spikes of over 50PSI, this does back up and slow down the turbo. When pressure is removed then you have no braking effect on the turbo and then when you jump on it again you get a tad quicker recovery. If you are only running on a strip you would see no effect at all. You may see a minor effect if you are playing on the street but only if you play "road racer". This is why some rice burners like them, after all when they hit the NO2 the side view gets blurry (I know I seen the movies).:) :) :)