Blow off valve close to turbo.

sabersaw30

Would it be alright to mount the bov close to the turbo instead of by the intake?I have a big front mount and alky and just trying to get it far from the alky.Basically were the pipe turns down coming out of turbo going to front mount.Would it work just as good on that side?

that should be fine. I will mount them on the pipe going to the pipe going into the intercooler on a lot of setups that I have built.

Mine is 3 inches from the turb outlet works great! Some i have seen argue about placement, i think since your installing it to stop compressor surge why not put it close to the compressor as possible. Others say it should be at the TB b/c thats were your excess compressed air is going when the TB blade closes. Thats how i usually see the argument go.

I have had the arguement a lot. I worked as a professional fabricator for a shop that hold multiple world records most of them being turbo cars. The census has been if there is releif from pressure in the pipe regardless of where it is, its impossible to force pressure through the pipe, or cause enough excess pressure to abruptly stop the turbo. thats whats bad, so in theory it should be better closer to the turbo but as long as it vents it doesnt matter.

Guys I'm pretty new to this site but I have had a gn for 14 years and had a vast aray of light mods done by a turbo shop back in 2000 now as I start to read I see that there has been some major changes in the way guys are making power with bolt ons now a days...so my stupied question is ...Is a blow off valve something I should have? If your saying yes can someone shoot a picture of one installed on there car?

Boy I can't beleive all the changers that are out there...
One other thing I bought a scanmaster off of ebay about 5 years ago and it never came with instruction can anyone tell me how to install it?

Hey guys thanks.

I remember doing extensive searching for this info from major turbo builders etc. And the conclusion that I came to is put it after the compressor outlet but before the intercooler. In otherwords, as close to the compressor as possible.

I remember doing extensive searching for this info from major turbo builders etc. And the conclusion that I came to is put it after the compressor outlet but before the intercooler. In otherwords, as close to the compressor as possible.

+1

When I get my own SLIC (as of right now the one in my sig is borrowed) I'm going to find a way to mount the BOV to the inlet neck or passenger side tank. Maybe for no other reason than to keep from spraying a nice alky mist all over the engine compartment when I get an alky kit.:biggrin: That and to just keep the ridiculous looking thing somewhat out of sight. It's bad enough how many kids come up to my GN at car shows and point to my external wastegate and proclaim to their friends "wow, look at the cool blowoff valve!":rolleyes: