Blocking orifice holes in seperator plate

rastaz

aka 80's Rob
What do you guys use/do to block off unwanted seperator plate holes? I know some shift kits come with special soft aluminum plugs but I don't have a bunch of those lying around...

Also what is the preferred method to closing up holes that are too large?

thanks

I have a plate of aluminum that I use as a backing plate to weld the holes shut. Clamp the spacer plate over the aluminum, set your welder to the lowest heat and slowly fill in the hole. Don't go to fast or the plate will warp. It will take a little grinding to smooth things out. I wish I had a TIG machine, that would make it so much easier.

What code 200-4r did plate # 8657309 come in ? Good info on where to get it BTW . Parts Giant asks for a Vin # which I don't have . My plate came from a dealer in Las Vegas Plate # 8669060 . Will the plate number you mention work with my late model KTF that uses the 1/2 accumulator that uses a sleeve and check ball ? What's the difference in the two ?

Thanks in advance. . . . . . Gordon

What code 200-4r did plate # 8657309 come in ? Good info on where to get it BTW . Parts Giant asks for a Vin # which I don't have . My plate came from a dealer in Las Vegas Plate # 8669060 . Will the plate number you mention work with my late model KTF that uses the 1/2 accumulator that uses a sleeve and check ball ? What's the difference in the two ?

Thanks in advance. . . . . . Gordon
I was told it was the stock plate for the cz mcss 2004r. I also read it was the updated plate for the brf trans. Not sure about the # 8669060. How did you come across the number? It appears cheaper than the 8675309. Let us know how it works.

http://www.monte-list.com/tech/200-4r_build.shtml
I think that number is in this write up but I'm not sure.

The TR plate has an "X" on it I thought it was discontinued,I will dig mine out tomorrow and plug in the pn and see what comes up...hmmm may have to buy a few up!

My old plate (marked CH) had some corrosion issues . I don't remember where but a web site listed plate # 8669060 as an upgraded plate for some year oldsmobile . It may have something to do with that "new design" 1/2 accumulator housing I mentioned . I got the new plate from Genuine GM .com . Took a while for them to find it . They got it from a dealer in Las Vegas . The new plate is marked CH like my old plate . All the holes line up . I wish I had known about other options at the time . This is my first 200-4r . I'm still learning . Thanks for the help .