block filler??

Vandal1987

Has anyone ever run a 1\2 fill on the 109, in a mostly street driven engine with a adequate cooling system. This would be for a weekend warrior by no means a daily car. Just looking for opinions. Thanks

Ive ran hardblock up to the bottom of where the water pump/front cover water passages are on the street with no issue. Granted I had a good radiator and a deep oil pan.

awesome!! Got a sump pan and dual fan and new fbody rad with oil cooler aswell. That should suffice??

Agree, wont even know it,90% of the heat is generated at top half of cylinder where the combustion takes place, going to do this same thing on my 4.1 build that im in the process of.

Thanks for reply nasty and gunz. Camino I wonder that myself I don't have definitive number I read on another forum that it adds in ballpark of 10 percent strength. I don't know exactly how that would be determined but just what I read.

Interesting...wondering how much strength it adds ? as good as a girdle ,more, less?

Block fill will help keep the cylinder walls more stable and tied into the outer block walls where the cement is attached.
But it will not do much for bottom end strength which is what the girdle is for. Ties the main caps to the oil pan rails.