Blms too High

malibu78

Blm's too high

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions????

Mods: Maf translator, 009 injectors, TT alky chip, Denso o2. My Blm's at idle are 143.

Tps .44
IAC 21
AF 5
Idle at 800-850rpm

This is after the car is warmed up at 171 degrees. While driving the Blm's will range form 127-149 crusiing around town. I have no vacuum or header leaks and no thrown codes. Any suggestions?????

What MAF are you using with the Translator (LT1 3.0" or LS1 3.5")? What is the MAF BASE setting inside the Translator box?

Also ......... Be sure your static fuel pressure is around 43 per TT instructions.
I found that my mechanical gauge was about 2 psi off.

What MAF are you using with the Translator (LT1 3.0" or LS1 3.5")? What is the MAF BASE setting inside the Translator box?

I am running the 3 inch Lt1. and the I turned the base setting to 4 (10% rich to see if that would help and it did not. I turned the fp up to 47.5Lbs checked it with 2 gauges and both gauges were within a 1/4 lbs and that did not help either. Car runs great no hesitation, stumble, smoke etc. And its fast consistent 11.60's. Just bugs me I'm a little anal when it comes to this car.

Blm's too high

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions????

Mods: Maf translator, 009 injectors, TT alky chip, Denso o2. My Blm's at idle are 143.

Tps .44
IAC 21
AF 5
Idle at 800-850rpm

This is after the car is warmed up at 171 degrees. While driving the Blm's will range form 127-149 crusiing around town. I have no vacuum or header leaks and no thrown codes. Any suggestions?????

Technically if you raise fuel pressure, the BLM will come down. You have to give the computer time to relearn. The 149 is more the concern to me than the 143. I would look at the LT1 sensor or translator setup... Also check for air leaks around the intake/TB/EGR/hoses.

Technically if you raise fuel pressure, the BLM will come down. You have to give the computer time to relearn. The 149 is more the concern to me than the 143. I would look at the LT1 sensor or translator setup... Also check for air leaks around the intake/TB/EGR/hoses.

what exactly do I look for around the LT1 sensor and translator???

I'd drop in a stock MAF(borrow one) and see if the numbers change. If your numbers are also bad with a known good stocker.. then its not a MAF problem.

Every one of my "high BLM" problems over the years has always been a vacuum leak. My fueling would always alter my Block Learn a little but when your in the 140+ range its probably unmetered air coming in.

That being said you can never rule out any thing with these cars.

And listen to Razor...you have to let the car relearn your adjustments. I fought with my car for a few weeks troubleshooting a problem and I never left the driveway. I was basicaly chasing my tail by not driving it and letting the ECM learn the adjustments I made.:redface:

Every one of my "high BLM" problems over the years has always been a vacuum leak. My fueling would always alter my Block Learn a little but when your in the 140+ range its probably unmetered air coming in.

That being said you can never rule out any thing with these cars.

And listen to Razor...you have to let the car relearn your adjustments. I fought with my car for a few weeks troubleshooting a problem and I never left the driveway. I was basicaly chasing my tail by not driving it and letting the ECM learn the adjustments I made.:redface:

I have found no vacuum or header leaks and thoroughly examined the car. So I did what you're supposed to do....read the directions on the TT alky chip. I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, set the maf to 10% rich at idle and took the car for a 1/2 hour ride around town. Stop and go 3mile trip on the e-way. Stopped at Home depot, for more denatured alky;) drove home. While tooling around town the Blm's were 127-143. Popped a 147 once for a second and dropped to 130 immediately. Got home car was at 176 degrees, TPS .44, IAC 16 BLMS 138 this was with the car idling in park at 850 rpm. Are these numbers acceptable???

Thanks for all your help fellas. These cars flatout fly when tuned. I guy in my dad's car club has one with stock heads, block. Best every10.69 consistent 10.80's. Guy knows his stuff and it took him about 7 years to dial it in. I'm hoping to get mine to run 11.30's on a good air day.

What last question should I upgrade my injectors to motron 60's???? I have a front mount and a te 62. I am currenty running 009's

That is within an acceptable range, + or -10 from 128 is acceptable range.
I would upgrade to the mototron 60's and you wouldn't have to worry about enough injector for more upgrades in the future. (most likely) I have the mototron 60's in my GN and they run and idle excellent, have Eric at turbotweak burn you a chip for your combo.