Blazer Brake hose routing

TIMS87GN

I have the blazer brakes mounted, but I'm wondering about the brake hoses and how they route to the caliper. I started with the actual blazer hoses, but realized I need the adapter to join them to the GN brake lines. I looked at just using the GN hoses. They look like they will work, but I'm concerned about the twist the rubber hose will experience during turns. This is what I have mocked up at the moment. Is this the way you guys are routing them or is there another way? I don't want the rubber cold-working itself over time and failing. Thanks.

IMG_1056.jpg

Bend or move the hose to tube mounting bracket and do a search for a set of stainless braided hoses.

Looks fine as is, but quality braided lines are always a good idea.

See, there's two things we agree on.

Use the Blazer frame bracket which points down instead of forward. You can use the GN hose but need to bend the hard line down about 80 degrees. This will set it up Like GM engineering intended on the Blazer. No sharp kinks or rubbing the paint on your frame. Good luck.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to pick up a couple of brackets tomorrow from the salvage yard.

You better hurry up and get that thing running...nice weather is here :)

Hey I'm working on it! Should have it on the road in the next couple of weeks. Still have headers to put on too.

Thanks for the tip 84SFIGN, I got the brackets yesterday and I saw the difference between the 2WD brackets and the 4WD brackets. The longer 2WD bracket will work much better I think.