Black XFI Traction Control box

gnxtc2

Staff member
Just got my new issue of National Dragster. There is an ad by FAST with a black XFI box with Traction Control written on it. The ad states the box is black so different santioning bodies could tell if the car has traction control. With this being stated, the guys with the regular (red) XFI box, could we update the program/ECU so we can have traction control?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

You have to send your box in,They install the ITC and replace the housings to the one you saw.

I BELIEVE its around 400
IT works awesome,But you also have to setup something
to read driveshaft speed.
THe factory VSS doesnt have enough read points in a single revolution
to make it work properly.
We were using a 40 tooth reluctor setup that bolts to the backside of the rear end yoke and uses a GM VSS out of a 4X4 for signal
Adding this is also useful for measureing actual MPH into your datalogs.
to follow problem as certain MPH

I believe Hartline stocks the reluctor

I BELIEVE its around 400
IT works awesome,But you also have to setup something
to read driveshaft speed.
THe factory VSS doesnt have enough read points in a single revolution
to make it work properly.
We were using a 40 tooth reluctor setup that bolts to the backside of the rear end yoke and uses a GM VSS out of a 4X4 for signal
Adding this is also useful for measureing actual MPH into your datalogs.
to follow problem as certain MPH

I believe Hartline stocks the reluctor

You mean one of these :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

P6260091.jpg

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Yep,Ill call ya back in a bit,Watching a movie with my wife.
If you wanna try the ITC before you buy,Ill loan you my ECU
To try it

High tooth count drive shaft speed sensor best?

I received my new XFI system today Directly from FAST. (I feel stupid for not buying from someone like Cal H. on here because he / they offer so much free support) but anyway it came with a part # 301347 drive shaft speed sensor kit that is supposed to mount on the 8.8 rear end. It has two magnets on it.
If some people are using 40 tooth wheels it seems almost archaic to use this two magnet ring for optimum traction control operation. Should I toss this thing or what?:confused:

Come to think of it - I have always felt the same way about the low resolution of the crank signal used with Fast systems and would welcome any comment on that as well.

Thanks,
JD

You can use the lower resolution 2 magnet setup. Just calibrate accordingly.