Black T-Types?

So the '84 should read WE-2 on the RPO codes if it's a real GN or would it have something different since it's not an 86-87 car?

if the book i looked at to verify is correct, it SHOULD have the WE2 [GN] option code.

I'm looking in the front of the GM parts catalog-the 44W book- trying to figure out the option codes. It looks like the "T" in '84 and '85 changed the VIN number- from GJ47 to GK47. But for the WE2- the Grand National- they still list the VIN number as GJ47. So maybe that will tell you if you have a GN or a "T". GJ47, with WE2=GN. GK47=T type. (option for T Type is W11)

On the question for the 84 GN its easy to tell if it is indeed a 84 GN and not a T-Type. The model is indeed a GK47. All 84-86 Turbo Regals are. Your VIN will read 1G4AK479?H?????? There might even be the letter P in place of the letter H. On both the cowl tag and the SPID label you should find the code 60H. That is the seat and door trim code that only an 84 GN can have. If it was a T-Type with the AQ9 Lier-Seigler seats and the same sand gray color the code would be 60C.All 84-86 GNs and T-Types will have the code W11 on the cowl tag but only the GN will have both a W11 and WE2 code on the SPID label.Remember the GN was an option on the T-Type. This is why both codes will be there. Reguardless of the year every GN has a specific set of interior trim codes. As long as you have a SPID label or cowl tag its easy to check.

On the question for the 84 GN its easy to tell if it is indeed a 84 GN and not a T-Type. The model is indeed a GK47. All 84-86 Turbo Regals are. Your VIN will read 1G4AK479?H?????? There might even be the letter P in place of the letter H. On both the cowl tag and the SPID label you should find the code 60H. That is the seat and door trim code that only an 84 GN can have. If it was a T-Type with the AQ9 Lier-Seigler seats and the same sand gray color the code would be 60C.All 84-86 GNs and T-Types will have the code W11 on the cowl tag but only the GN will have both a W11 and WE2 code on the SPID label.Remember the GN was an option on the T-Type. This is why both codes will be there. Reguardless of the year every GN has a specific set of interior trim codes. As long as you have a SPID label or cowl tag its easy to check.

Thank you! I appreciate it! Do you know if 86-87 Grand National rims will fit on a '84 GN/T-type? Mine currently has some IROC Z Camaro rims on it and I want to get some 86-87 GN rims for it, but before I bought any I wanted to make sure that they would fit.

Thanks!