Black T-Types?

T-Type

TR Enthusiast
Does anyone know if they ever produced any black T-Types fro m 1984-1987? Not Grand Nationals, but T-Types that were painted black from the factory.

Thanks

There were black T's and WE4 T's. The WE4 T's were basically Black T's with black trim and bumpers.... with T emblems... and T wheels... and gray interior (not two tone gray/black like the GN). Regular black T's could have gray or burgandy interior... maybe more colors as well.

So.... yes there were Black T's... I've seen quite a few.

Buick stopped production of black Regals in December, 1986 as they introduced the "poor mans" GN, the WE-4.:smile:

Well is there any way I can tell for sure if my '84 GN is an actual GN, not just a T-Type conversion?

Thanks

Buick stopped production of black Regals in December, 1986 as they introduced the "poor mans" GN, the WE-4.:smile:

Not true. I used to think that too. You have to re-read the bulletin. The bulletin reads Buick stopped offering the W02 blackout molding option on black Regals. You could still order a black turbo Regal with chrome moldings.

Hey whaddya expect from the "poor mans" moderator?.... ;)

Accurate information. :eek: :p :biggrin:

Well is there any way I can tell for sure if my '84 GN is an actual GN, not just a T-Type conversion?

Thanks

if I remember correctly NO - there is no way to tell between GN and T-Type in 84-85 just from the RPOs.... at least i am 98.7% sure there is NO distinguishing way to tell. i will try and double check to make sure.

UPDATE
OK maybe i was tripping..... '84 does have the WE2 option as well.

I have an 87 Buick Regal T
Chrome moldings and all, guess I am a poor Buick boy?

So the '84 should read WE-2 on the RPO codes if it's a real GN or would it have something different since it's not an 86-87 car?

87 turbo t

I have a 87 turbo t that was originally black with the chrome trim. My car came wit chrome mirrors, non power windows non tilt column shift, no cruise, bench seat, grey interior ,the car is a limited also had a open diff.