Black on White

GOT JCE

RIP Ruka Jean
I pulled the GN out of storage to let her run for a while. Car looks pretty good with the new paint. My father was shipping a Corvette convertible up from FL so I had to re-arrange his garage. Put the Vette up on the lift, put the TTA on the bottom and the GN in front. And on the side my brothers Malibu ski boat. Nice having a big garage. Below the house is another 3 car garage. He has 2 model T's and an Audi convertible down there. If I were to build a house I would have the same set up. I have a 3 car garage at my house, unfortunately it is filled with crap. Kids toys, my wifes suv, quads and snowmobile. No room for my stuff!!!

Attachments

• January-Febuary 2011 066.jpg
    January-Febuary 2011 066.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 248
  • January-Febuary 2011 067.jpg
    January-Febuary 2011 067.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 259
Funny how the pure white snow really makes the black paint pop!.

I love the 86 chrome grilles. Looks so clean! Do you keep a cover on it while in storage?

Gn

No cover. I really should get one. The kids are always playing next to the cars when I go over there.

Paint

A friend of mine who owed me lots of "favors". The car looks really good except for the rockers on both sides. There are some sandpaper marks that I want fixed. He striped down the whole car to bare metal(no rust anywhere) smoothed everything out and painted it. Twice. The first time the paint lifted on the whole car!!!! So he stripped it down again and repainted. He wasn't happy. He promised it would not take more than 3 weeks. Dropped it of in March. Picked it up at the end of August. I was not happy. Still made it up to Lake George for the Addirondack Nationals. I snuck into the car show, thats what the red sticker is on the windshield. The cutoff date was 1972 for the show. Had a great time. Only 2 other Turbo buicks up there that I saw. I plan on putting the emblems back on in the spring. Just no time with 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 fish, 2 lizards, 2 chinchillas, 2 jobs....... I need a vacation!!!!:D Could be worse though.

Chins

Hey Mark, we had Chinchillas since the early 1990's. Started with a pair of grey ones. They had babies, sold the babies, the parents lived for about 10 spoiled years, adopted a black, white and another grey one. They were not very well taken care of from their previous owner and didn't last to long. Then we bought 2 beige ones from a breeder up in Enfield. Jesus and El Dioblo. About 12 years old now. Cool pets. My Samoyeds would love to "play" with them. You have to peel the dogs off the cage if they get into the rats room.