Black Interior

ralphsmith_jr

Its a six
I am thinking about doing my interior all black vs the stock GN look, does anyone have any pictures of their interior all black? I know the only way to do this is to dye the dash and interior panels...so I am NOT dead set on it...yet :smile: It may be more trouble than its worth with the dye coming off :confused:

i have seen someone with a white t-type who made the entire interior black it looked really sick and diffrent. i dont rememember who it was it was someone on this board

There's a thread going on elsewhere in the board (I think in the Lounge) where a guy with a White T-Type is doing the same thing. His setup sounds really cool, but its in the works so no pics yet.

I had it in my head to do the same to my GN, but the one I ended up buying is really low mileage with a perfect interior, and I dont think I'll have the heart to hack it up. I'm gonna wait for the next car to do it, but this is what I had planned...

Black suede or alcantara headliner
Black dash and all panels
Reupholster seats like this: Where there is black fabric, replace with high-quality black leather; where there is gray, replace with black suede inserts with diamond stitching
Aftermarket steering wheel in black leather
GNX-style gauge cluster with all deep amber/red lighting
Possibly contrasting stitching to give some dimension

I'm not crazy about the light gray tone or the seat fabric used in the stock GN's, so if I were to redo it I would just go all black - it looks a lot more sinister and would suit the car better in my opinion. Might be too much black for some, but thats what I like :D

There's a thread going on elsewhere in the board (I think in the Lounge) where a guy with a White T-Type is doing the same thing. His setup sounds really cool, but its in the works so no pics yet.

I had it in my head to do the same to my GN, but the one I ended up buying is really low mileage with a perfect interior, and I dont think I'll have the heart to hack it up. I'm gonna wait for the next car to do it, but this is what I had planned...

Black suede or alcantara headliner
Black dash and all panels
Reupholster seats like this: Where there is black fabric, replace with high-quality black leather; where there is gray, replace with black suede inserts with diamond stitching
Aftermarket steering wheel in black leather
GNX-style gauge cluster with all deep amber/red lighting
Possibly contrasting stitching to give some dimension

I'm not crazy about the light gray tone or the seat fabric used in the stock GN's, so if I were to redo it I would just go all black - it looks a lot more sinister and would suit the car better in my opinion. Might be too much black for some, but thats what I like :D

Here is where I got the idea for the all black guts. Scot did a really good job on his...tastefully done!!! As promised...mine will be a bit different. ;)
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/325916-black-interior-g-bodies.html

Vampire
"I would just go all black -it looks a lot more sinister and would suit the car better in my opinion"

I couldnt agree more.

terik.m

Do you have any pictures of what your car looks like now...maybe a sneek peek? I love the look with the inserts, I just am up in the air about how long the dye will last?

Vampire
"I would just go all black -it looks a lot more sinister and would suit the car better in my opinion"

I couldnt agree more.

terik.m

Do you have any pictures of what your car looks like now...maybe a sneek peek? I love the look with the inserts, I just am up in the air about how long the dye will last?

I started a thread in the Lounge with a few pics of the car stripped out. Im picking up the seats tommorow. The carpet arrived today so I plan on installing the carpet, seats, belts, and headliner this weekend. I will post pics of the progress on Sunday.

Yeah Scot's car is outstanding. That interior would look just downright mean on a GN, but really it would look good on any color T-type too, especially if you have blackout trim.

Black goes with everything. A black interior would be a great way to be unique while staying really tasteful IMO.

Wow!!! What year did they make Buicks with the Black dash?

80 & older Buicks had them. I have a 79 here with black factory interior.

New parts that are molded in Black:
Arm rests
B-pillars
T-top plastic

Upper door panels & rear seat inserts can Be bought in all black material as well as seat covers.
Head liners & visors also.

Hey thanks for the info...I just placed an order, I guess its time for me to go back to your website and do some more looking. :)

P10 2009 043.jpg

P10 2009 051.jpgI have one id sell cheep but shipping would be alot I CHANGED THE SS OVER AND IT WASNT TO BAD

work in progress... ill take some better pics when its done and cleaned up.

Attachments

• 6-7-2010 121.jpg
    6-7-2010 121.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 665
  • 6-7-2010 144.jpg
    6-7-2010 144.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 668
Looking good Cliff! I love the idea of the black, I'm thinking of maybe one step further with vinyl or leather instead of cloth.....

Looks great!!! I just started my project this morning I will get some pics up later. The black carpet is a B!tch, it may be custom fit but you still have to do alot of work(cut out seat holes,Shifter hole, seat belts..blah, blah, blah)