Blaast Performance

fyrlt67

Has anyone used these guys for a TA33C build, the price they quoted me was really good. Just curious before I spent the money what others have experienced

blaastperformance.com they are out of Canada and quoted me $200 for a rebuild and $400 for the TA33C upgrade (that total price) $100 for ceramic coating the housing!

im ready for one of those too!!! if they do a nice job, PLEASE let us know!!! If that is the true price, they have another customer!!!! we just need a guinea pig... lol

please keep us posted!!!

john:)

I just won a "core" turbo off Ebay! As soon as it gets here off it goes. Called blaaast today to confirm pricing and they further told me they had a 48 hour turn around on the upgrade, minus the ceramic coating of course. Now if the snow would melt, then it would rain for a few days to wash the salt of the road I could test it. But maybe I am a bit ahead of myself here.

I'm a little turbo dumb so what is the stock turbo size and number compared to the TA33C? My turbo is welded shut so I'll need a complete unit or a core.

I'm a little turbo dumb so what is the stock turbo size and number compared to the TA33C? My turbo is welded shut so I'll need a complete unit or a core.

The TA33C is a stock turbo housing machined out and the larger TA49 compressor wheel installed. Bolts right on. Flows around 700 cfm versus the stock 380 as I recall. Brad

What other mods required? I'd assume more airflow so then the ECM will ask for more fuel so would that require larger injectors, right or will stock inj. reach that flow rate?

I know that when sizing injectors they, (OEMs), tend to size them for max possible flow that still gives good idle stability. At least that was our approach at Polaris.

I use to design engine but left four months ago. But lite on development.

The TA33C is a stock turbo housing machined out and the larger TA49 compressor wheel installed. Bolts right on. Flows around 700 cfm versus the stock 380 as I recall. Brad

Sent an e=mail to them & got a reply, but I'm totally confused by what they say they can do. TO4e 55trim compressor uses Obsolete carbon seals? H.Air I understand what Brad said, but the other stuff, sounds like greek to me, can someone clear things up in my pea-brain :confused:

I had my turbo which is for sale rebuilt by them, they are great. I upgraded the bearing to a 360 and did the seal upgrade as well. I should have gotten the TA33 Deal tho but back then only wanted a STOCk turbo with better bearing/seal.