Bison cast an evil spell on my MAP sensor

TurboBob

Resident mad scientist
Staff member
Yesterday, Bison posts a video of failed MAP sensors. Very good info, BTW.

So, short story long.... I'm driving back from a friend's house, running along on the highway and I feel the car stumble slightly. That "out of gas" feeling, and I glance at the Scanmaster G, and the wideband reading is jumping lean momentarily.

I check the gas gauge, and it shows plenty of gas (even though my gauge is way off, but thats a story for another day).

I have the laptop with me, but its not booted, or connected. And I'm driving on the highway....

So, I grab my phone, fire up ALDLDroid, click "start datalog", and drop the phone in the cup holder.
(I have made phone calls while logging, its pretty cool....)

Once I got home ALDLDroid automatically sent the log to my dropbox, and I imported the log into PLC.....

Bison must have put the hex on my MAP sensor......

bison is evil.png

No Bueno. Aren't you glad you had BT data recording available?

I like the Scanmaster G. Want one, but gotta make the car run right first... Long road till I make it there.

That's not a great place to be. Especially if it was between 3:30 pm and about 7 pm...

Thanks for the cheer too, I am trying. TB's seem to have the most odd electrical gremlins I have encountered. Fun to try to diagnose.

It wasn't that bad, luckily it was a Saturday.

Electrical gremlins..... yup.

Bob

I have never had that luck. Every time I have to go to Oak Park via 696 it ends up being a weekday... And no matter what I end up getting mixed up in the mess.

Very very very weird. I was traveling on Ohio 52 nice highway cruise speed.... (way away from everyone else) and my MAP circuit through my fast threw a low MAP voltage ses code. I had the exact same conditions you had Bob. The condition went away when on the gas slightly and I have yet to trouble shoot the MAP circuit. I am running a delphi MAP, I have a spare. Was going to go out and do some diagnosis work tonight. Weird!

I bought a scanmaster g i havent had a chance to log with it this is cool. Cant wait to try it out!