Scanmaster G , Bluetooth , and logging with my phone.

TurboBob

Resident mad scientist
Staff member
I did some datalogging the other day using my phone. This has been the goal of the Scanmaster G and bluetooth stuff, and it is now a reality.

I went out to the car, key on, grab phone and start ALDLDroid, select logging, and drop it in the console.

start the car and go for a ride. all of the drive was recorded, and automatically sync'd to my laptop via dropbox. So I can open the log in PLC (see the pic)

The Scanmaster G also captured the knock retard and stuff, just like always, and was available at the press of a button while driving. So if I had not done the phone stuff I would have the data regardless!!

The Scanmaster G also recorded the WOT blasts internally, which I downloaded later that day to the laptop.

So, first some screenshots: The ALDLDroid will let you review the log, right on the phone, along with MAP information .

Screenshot_20160729-212822.png
log-from-aldldroid.png

This is a screenshot of one of the logs from the Scanmaster G, the filename is created when the log is downloaded from the gauge. I set the min time in PLC to 20 seconds, so the gauge recorded for 20 seconds after I let off the throttle.

scmg-internal-log-20seconds.png

Wow, I just seen one for sale and didn't know this product existed till today. .. This thing is sweet...

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Will this ever be available on iPhone software or do I need to buy an android device? :D

the biggest limitation is that iOS does not support the SPP protocol over bluetooth. So there is no way to write an app that can connect to the gauge.

so, for now, Android only.

Bob

I just thought I'd mention that, if you don't already have a Scanmaster or Powerlogger, you can get pretty much the same functionality with a 12-pin ALDL Bluetooth adapter from www.1320electronics.com, the ALDLdroid app and any Android phone. $75 USD + $20 + your phone. There's no physical gauge, but your phone becomes the gauge & logging tool. The adapter is available on eBay:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/12-Pin-ALDL-OBD1-Bluetooth-Code-Reader-Scanner-Adapter-/272262023429

More in-depth discussion here in this topic:

http://turbobuick.com/threads/better-than-the-scanmaster.425212/

Last edited: