Bilstein shocks

kels87gn

Where is the best place to buy them? I also checked oreilly's auto parts and they said that there are 2 different choices a heavy duty and regular. Has anyone heard of this. I would like to get them real soon.

My two cents--I went with kyb's instead--they have a limited lifetime guarantee, they are gas shocks, bilsteins are great but so is their price. Your backside probably will not be able to tell the difference but your wallet sure will. I got a set of kyb's for about 1/2 the cost of bilsteins. My thoughts. Dp

as a reference........
rockauto carries KYB std for $20
and KYB gas adjust for $30
no Bilstein listed

I did plan on buying from a vendor. Has anyone heard of heavy duty and regular bilsteins? I thought there was just one type for our cars. I've also thought about KYB but several people on this site weren't happy with the ride quality.

I had KYB's before the Bilsteins, and there is a big difference. The KYB's ride nicer but the Bilsteins control the suspension much better if you are into cornering like I am. I have a Helwig bar, stock springs, and Bilsteins and it handles and rides pretty darn good. The KYB's didn't have enough damping for my taste. I had the KYB gas-a-justs FYI.

Thanks did you go with bilstein HD or regular? Where did you get them? I've got variable rate coils for the rear not installed and was going to get the DSE bar from GNS. I've just got to find the best place for the shocks.

Thanks did you go with bilstein HD or regular? Where did you get them? I've got variable rate coils for the rear not installed and was going to get the DSE bar from GNS. I've just got to find the best place for the shocks.

I bought mine from Kirban and I think he only sells the HD ones. You want the blue/yellow ones and not the black ones.

Where is the best place to buy them? I also checked oreilly's auto parts and they said that there are 2 different choices a heavy duty and regular. Has anyone heard of this. I would like to get them real soon.

You need the HD version of the shocks. Most big parts stores sell them, including Summit, Autozone, and Kirbans (preferred). I think the Manufacturer's Part Numbers are 24009294 (rear) and 24009492 (front).

Thanks. Thats the route I'll be taking then. The iphone app doesn't work for me at all now. It took me a while to get back t the computer. I'll call Kirbans monday.

My two cents--I went with kyb's instead--they have a limited lifetime guarantee, they are gas shocks, bilsteins are great but so is their price. Your backside probably will not be able to tell the difference but your wallet sure will. I got a set of kyb's for about 1/2 the cost of bilsteins. My thoughts. Dp

I've bought several sets of kyb, but after trying to get them to honor the "lifetime" warranty ill never buy another. My thoughts, don't waste your money if you are basing it in their nonexistent warranty. They were decent until one started leaking. Then it was junk.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've got the blue Yellow, bought from Kirban's a while ago, made the ride firm but the car feels great. Blue and Yellow are the HD.

Thanks everyone. I'll be going with bilsteins for sure. Now just gotta get the rear sway bar and install everything at the same time. This is for street use only. Any suggestions? I was thinking the DSE bar from Scott at GNS.

Thanks everyone. I'll be going with bilsteins for sure. Now just gotta get the rear sway bar and install everything at the same time. This is for street use only. Any suggestions? I was thinking the DSE bar from Scott at GNS.

DSE bar is a good one. The Helwig bar works great for me. Hardware isn't as nice as H&R but it's less than half the price. Helwig is also a bit milder, so I personally prefer them in a street car with the front bar still attached. If all out drag and occasional street cruise is your game, then H&R bar all the way, but without a front connected is better.