Billet Tensioner

Installed pic. Video coming
ten1.jpg
this afternoon.

Here is the test run of the billet tensioner. I ran with AC on and with off. Seemed to be good.

Update 6/20/14 please read.

Slight change of approach on the "deadline"; the manufacturer placed the metal order today for 40 units. Right now we are at 31 deposits. So we have 9 more spots to fill during production time which is projected to be 4-6 weeks. Any of those unsold will go into stock and be sold at the retail price by the manufacturer ($475).
As for us we have reached the $10 discount threshold so everyone's second payment will be less than the first. To keep the figures straight the first deposit will stay at $233.50 for those wanting one of the nine units.
Paypal is carfixxer2003@yahoo.com

2nd update 6/20/14
One small issue to tackle for the 2nd payment I need to ask people to offset the paypal fees by adding 3.5% or send by gift, check or MO. It was a slight oversight to see how much fees were eating away.
So here is how it breaks down:

$440.00 New Tensioner price
+ $17.00 Shipping
$457.00 Total price.

$457.00 total price

- $233.50 deposit
$223.50 Final cost of check / mo or gift

If sending by regul;ar paypal method:

$223.50 final cost
+ $ 7.80 Paypal fee
$ 231.30 Final cost using paypal fee method.

(feel free to check my math to err is human to advise divine.)

Steve, if it's possible take a few pictures of the stocker side by side with the billet. I think that might show how the 2 compare.

Steve, if it's possible take a few pictures of the stocker side by side with the billet. I think that might show how the 2 compare.
I already sent the billet one back. So best I could do is photo the stocker and repost what pics I have.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You could do it when you get the billet ones back.(y)

Looks really good , is there a option to powder coat ? I am interested .
Sorry missed this post. Powder coating would not be a good option since the process would require disassembly and reassemble after the coating, voiding warranty. But I think the power coat would chip and flake in areas where the heavy spring meets the casing since there is slight movement there.
An option is anodizing but that cost $100 per unit.
Paint might be the best and most cost effective way of coloring it. I intend to high polish and clear coat mine with paint.

Add .25c to each unit and put a stainless flathead screw on the front. Polished, or not....that bolt is gonna rust and on a $500 part, thats a big no-no. For .75c...you could put a chrome one on.
Just my opinion, but i'm kicking around grabbing one of these and that's the first thing I noticed.

I am advocating a 15mm head for that pulley bolt in SS so the entire billet unit remove/install will only require 1 size socket.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited: