billet oil filter

mine's not, but I may pop the top on the can and inspect the element.

Canton is a very well known name, so I'm not really worried. But like all aftermarket/racing parts, it pays to double check.

Bob

Tommy I called Nick today at Canton to see if you called and you didn't. Throwing out the element doesn't help matters either.

Canton has been making these filters for 25 years, it isn't a fly by night company or product. We have nothing to work with if you don't have the element. I run these filters in my GN and my Dodge Hemi Ram and change the filter element with each oil change even though it is not required and have never seen any evidence of a problem. I do not understand how the cage could blow apart. Even if you have a blocked bypass it can handle the pressure.

Hey this is Nick from Canton Racing products.

I have been informed about your situation and i was awaiting a phone call today to try to help you figure this issue out and try to get it all worked out. In talking with mark and getting the situation explained to me as it was explained to him it it has come to the conclusion the the filter failed and you had an engine failure but you have thrown out the failed product so neither TR custom parts or myself have anything to look at to try to determine what the cause of the failure was.

Dealing with these filters all day every day i rarely have a failure of the cage material or even the element itself. 9 times out of 10 if there is an issue with the cage it is due to a very severe and violent pressure surge. Pressure surge usually happens when there is a stuck bypass or something stuck in the oil line. What we have also seen was engine parts or pump failure producing debris in the oil line which strikes the housing and causes it to dent or buckle.

The cage that surrounds the filter can handle and has been tested at well above 200 PSI. The inner cage as a matter of fact is even stronger as it has less surface area.

I am not saying this situation is impossible but in 20+ years we have never had a cage EXPLODE. We have seen rarely a collapsed cage in some import engines but that is very rare.

If I had a stuck bypass or pressure surege I would have had severe oil psi issues too high or to low it would of given me some sort of problems I never had an oil issue with this car until now and yesterday when it was hot out and I got on it all day there was no problem here before that I know its due to the oil filter.period. oil filter issues happen everday and I just happen to get a bad one I know when I open my motor up there still will be shavings in there from the metal cage I don't care how many or how long someone has been selling these filters the cage came apart and its a manufactures fault I had no pressure issues what so ever if there was any I would of seen it on my gauge this cars oil psi was awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have shavings from the cage if there is a way to get it tested to prove it sthe same metal I would do it in a heart beat 100% the shavings will match the cage

Nick,

Thanks for taking the time to come and address our member's concern.

Nick and mark were very concerned about my matter and they both got on the phone with me asap as pissed off as I am they are truly gents about this matter