Billet Aluminum 2004r Direct Clutch Piston

chris718

This coming week we will be performing the final operation on our 2004r billet aluminum direct clutch piston.This operation is drilling the pocket for the ball capsule in the piston and installing it.This part has come out extremely well.The machine work is incredible and proper tooling has produced a mirrored finish in the aluminum.There is a solid boss under the steels to push on the clutch pack which will apply the clutch pack faster,quickly remove heat out of the clutch pack and into the piston during apply and extend clutch life.There are 50 pieces .These parts will be available this week .Ill post pics as spoon as we finish installing the ball capsule.We will be making the low reverse piston out of aluminum very soon.

So,this will eliminate the ring that pushes into the stock piston? Will the drum hold more clutches?

yes it will eliminate the ring.the extra clutch drum will be out soon as well.we are trying to find an economical way of producing it

GOT SOME PICS.ILL POST THEM IN THE MORNING.MY WIFE IS ASLEEP AND I CAN T DOWNLOAD,BESIDES ITS ALMOST 2AM:eek:

hey guys, Here is the pics Chris wanted up.... along w/ his newest worker!thanx, Michelle

Attachments

• shop pics feb 18 2008 020.jpg
    shop pics feb 18 2008 020.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 485
  • shop pics feb 18 2008 021.jpg
    shop pics feb 18 2008 021.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 470
  • shop pics feb 18 2008 012.jpg
    shop pics feb 18 2008 012.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 497
Hey Chris, don't forget that anodizing will add maybe 0.0005-0.001" to the diameter, if any of your clearances are that critical. Part looks good.

they improve clutch performance,apply,and durability.when i said i was making them earlier everyone was interested.now nothing.these will be used in all of our stage 2 transmissions from now on so it really wasnt a waste of effort.i will be making the low reverse piston next week.ive already got the material.

they improve clutch performance,apply,and durability.when i said i was making them earlier everyone was interested.now nothing.these will be used in all of our stage 2 transmissions from now on so it really wasnt a waste of effort.i will be making the low reverse piston next week.ive already got the material.

Chris, ship me one of these tomorrow.

No problem ,ill ship it out monday.Thanks.Ill let you know when the lo reverse piston is ready.Im looking into an oveerrun and od piston as well.What else can we make for this trans?

NO,but it is something that is definately needed. we are working on a way to produce the drum cost effective.and we will come up with something very soon.

We have programmed the job and cut side 1 of the low reverse piston.It looks great.Should be ready next week.