Bill and Frank

geno

9sec 17MPG Street Car
Staff member
Sorry i didnt have time to BS with you guys when you came over:cool: I felt bad and wanted to spend some time with you guys talking Buicks but the timing was bad:( We need to get together with all these new NW Buick guys and crash in on some of these car meets you guys know about. Id love to show up with you guys to a Mustang,Corvette ect meet:) I like to show off my lic frame at those kind of things LOL Most guys dont believe my car runs 9,s when i go to Burger King or other hangouts Hehe...
Me and my wife like to go to car meets and hangout :) My wife and i decided a long time ago that i wont street race anymore because the car is a little bit scary for the pasenger. We go to the track alot and i beat hell out of it there and would love to get some local match races going:) Give me a call next time your out and about looking for trouble at any car meets;)

hmmmm ill ride in that thing if the wife wont on the street i dont think i can be scared

shawn

ps if you want to be scared ride with me lol

Will do....

Geno,

We will definately give you a buzz whenever we go out on the prowl....no problem about the other day, we should never have come over unannounced! ;)

Shawn,

I believe you could scare the heck out of me! I think I would rather watch you make a pass from the sidelines! :D

Bill
You and Frank can come by anytime you want and dont have to call:) It was just the wrong day when you guys came over and your both more than welcome to stop by again:) You guys have sparked up more local intrest in Buicks than ive ever seen around here. Keep it up and we could start a club for all of us.. that would be kewl as hell to have a loose knit GN club that was local..

Cool....thanks Gene.

I do need to talk to you about a rollbar....I would like to get one installed soon....before we start going to the track.

Bill

I read the title to this post and thought "wasn't that the name of an 80's movie - "Bill and Frank's excellent adventure" :p As I recall I think Keeanu Reeves (sp?) played the part of Bill :D

Hey there Bill, I read your earlier post and you're right. I kinda of
disappeared during dyno day (damm on-call). Work's been keeping me busy, no wait make that slammed, so by the time I get home I don't want anything to do with a computer till the next morning.

Lately I've been spending my "veg" time getting my garage cleaned up and organized - I can now walk almost the entire way around the Buick. Now I just need the motivation to get off my butt and start spinnin the wrenches.

I did have a question for you: Since I didn't get a chance to ask him (that dam beeper) do you know who installed Geno's rollbar?

I was looking at it on dyno day and it looked REALLY nice. Specially how it comes down in the back near the back window. From what I could tell it looks like the speakers where still there.

Mike

I built that dam thing with a portable bender:) I had to replace the 1 5/8 bar with the correct size 1 3/4:mad: Made it a pain in the ass bacause the tubes had to slide inside the recievers that are welded to the frame:) If you use stubs of 1 3/4 id pipe to weld to the frame then the 1 3/4 roll bar slips inside it like a reciever and then you just weld around it. This way i only have a 2" hole saw hole in the floor of the trunk and inside the car. You weld the 1 3/4 stubs on the inside through the top to the frame :)
Looks better than hacking a 6" square out of your floor so you can weld the bar to the frame . Then guys pop rivet a large plate over the area so you cant see the big old hole:rolleyes: I keep the plugs from the hole saw and can weld them back if a want someday.. The first bar in the car looked better because i painted it before i installed it and yes the speaker are there. My car has to have good tunes{ 2 Rockford Fosgate 10" subs with 650 watt amp} Low tens with the stereo cranked is KEWL ;)

There you go Mike....right from the man himself!

Geno, let me know when we can get started on my rollbar. I finally have another car to drive so my GN is no longer a daily driver for me....:D

Ahhh! finally had a chance to post something in awhile.

Geno, we'll have to give you a call on the next adventure.

Today's adventure was a suprise showing of Bill and myself to a Twin Turbo Supra dyno day. Both Buicks received plenty of attention by the local guys.

On the way back Bill and I tagged team a Mitsubishi AWD twin turbo VR4. I can't remember how many times he came up short. After class was out with this VR4 I can only imagine what he will be thinking the next time he see's another black Buick next to him. My guess is he'll just mind is buisness and look the other way.:D

If the weather holds out tonight were going to BurgerMaster.

--Ted--:cool:

ROFLMAO!!!!

TED? hahahaaaa.....

I wonder if that video the guy took of me leaving the dyno will pop up somewhere on the internet??? :rolleyes:

There were some high $$$ machines there at the dyno, and the owners were so young!!! :eek:

Notice how whenever they started to do a pull on the dyno, everyone there (except you and I) were plugging their ears???
;)

Dan,

The highest I heard was 570 hp at the $4000 wheels....:D

Not even close to Geno's numbers. We were told that the guy was running a conservative setup and has pulled in the 680's before.

I can't knock the cars, they were pretty impressive. There was even a turbo NSX there that was pretty tricked out. I still prefer our TB's over anything there though....;)

Dam im sorry i missed out again on car action:( I just got your message at 10pm :D I had the car out today and would have drove it down there with you guys.