Biggest Tires?

I guess I should have asked what is the best size to run? 275's seem like they would be alittle tall.

275/60's are approaching 28" tall
If you care about keep speedo error to a min then run 275/50's if nitto makes that size. Its just a tad under 26" or should be anyway based on std calculations.

HTH

Originally posted by PJracing
I guess I should have asked what is the best size to run? 275's seem like they would be alittle tall.

275 is width. the second number is height.

275/60 is a 28" tire. Better for the track to have a 28". Some people have problems with the tires hitting the wheel lips if you don't have air bags. FWIW, these are what I am going to be running.

275/50 is a 26" tire. Looks a little fatter than the 60's. You may have problems with frame rub in tight turns etc. Some people run out of RPM's through the traps with these. Also easier to spin at the line.

Do a search, there are a ton of threads on this subject.
Also depends if you running GN or T-type rims.

The stock tire height was 26 " and the 275/50 15 are 25.9 ".
They work perfect on the back with an 8 " rim and 3.75 - 4 " backspace. The tread width on the 275 are 8.9 ".
If you use these on the stock 7 " rim they will scrub and crown in the middle and wear out the center of your tire 7.5 min width oh the rim.