bigger alternator bracket

pisano

when i was at the junkyard getting my 3" MAF sensor i picked up the caprice license plate holder and i picked up the alternator bracket off of a 3.8 NA cutlass. i did it not only because i figured i use an electric fan now and it cant hurt to have a bigger alternator for my 12 inch subs :cool: but because the bottom bolt of the two that holds the alternator, the thread it screws into is cracked (part of the original bracket, one of those "surprises" when you buy a not so new, new car) and i figured its only a matter of time before im stranded somewhere

anyways from my understanding i go to autozone get a alternator for a 98 camaro for example, open the alternator and spin it 180 degrees to clear the up-pipe. what i dont understand is how to wire this into my stock wires

85854-007.JPG

also, soon im gonna go and look for aluminum drums and aluminum bumper supports, are cutlass and regal supports the same? do regals only come with aluminum bumper supports? ive seen every g body at yards around here, probably 6-7 cutlass's even a damn monte SS with immaculate front clip when i had my regular monte i couldnt find one even on craigslist and now here she is in a junkyard lol

does anyone know how much less aluminum drums weigh than steel, id think at least 10 pounds a wheel right?

also, soon im gonna go and look for aluminum drums and aluminum bumper supports, are cutlass and regal supports the same? do regals only come with aluminum bumper supports? ive seen every g body at yards around here, probably 6-7 cutlass's even a damn monte SS with immaculate front clip when i had my regular monte i couldnt find one even on craigslist and now here she is in a junkyard lol

does anyone know how much less aluminum drums weigh than steel, id think at least 10 pounds a wheel right?

Ive seen Grand prix's with the aluminum drums and a few with the bumper supports at the pick & pull on indianapolis and summer street hammond indiana a few months back.

Go to the Junkyard Dog section and download the pdf (links may not work right since new format),
but all the info as far as what vehicles the parts came on will be there.... it's like 28 pages of info, something should help...

wiring a CS series alternator is criminally easy once you know which wire does what.. google it, or just stop in at your local alternator/starter rebuilder and have them help you- might even have an adapter plug in stock to make it a plug in deal. i paid $6 for a plug to put a newer (oval plug, out of a 97 Tahoe) CS alternator in my 86 Camaro just the other day at a rebuilder. it was the exact same plug that they sell at NAPA for like $35.

you may be looking for this-

I found the correct pigtail/plug at Autozone and it's has a part number of 85854 and it's description is "Voltage Regulator Module Socket GM". I think it was $6.97