Bigest bang for the buck

kilhef

I have owned my GN since 1989 and have kept it stock except for a K&N filter, New bigger exhaust , Updated fuel pump and bulldog chip. I installed a scanmaster that helps a lot. It runs very strong even with 75000 miles on the clock. My question is what can I do for the biggest bang for the buck to get a little bit more out of it and still keep it stock looking. As usually, Thanks all for your very useful help!

first you need to take care of the laundry list of preventative maintenance items the car needs.

valve springs, rocker buttons, timing set, vac hoses, check valves, hotwire kit, modern chip (might as well get a new set of 60's too), etc....

alkycontrol,tt chip,drag radials and raise the boost.then very quickly you will find you will need a built trans.inmo if your not willing to do the trans keep it stock.

Idk if this would qualify for the biggest bang for the buck. But I purchased a stock t, only had a walbro pump. I added 60lb'ers with a matching tt chip, a GN1 exhaust, and a 3" dp. The driveability and idle were night and day difference. I owe it all to the tt chip and 60's.

My suggestion is paving the way to handle the power for the long term and get the most out of what is there. I would suggest a good 3" or 2.5" Downpipe and a decent converter over the stock unit. It would be a night and day difference and a lot more snappy on the street. Then if time and money spares, Razors Alky kit as mentioned is a excellent choice for any Turbo Buick, that in itself will net you 11 sec timeslips.....

first you need to take care of the laundry list of preventative maintenance items the car needs.

valve springs, rocker buttons, timing set, vac hoses, check valves, hotwire kit, modern chip (might as well get a new set of 60's too), etc....

What this guy said. If you go turning up the wick on these things, all SORTS of shit changes. I mean everything. Now, what used to be totally ok, is suspect in terms of either traction, or reliability. Everything from fuel delivery, to airflow, to tires, to axles changes. Do the reliability stuff first, along with all 4 frame brace kits, and a solid cooling system. An accurate boost gauge and wide band wouldn't hurt either.
Also, invest in some good brake pads and braided lines as well. Inspect that proportioning valve too. Puttin' new brake fluid in it wouldn't be a bad idea as well.

What is your recommendation for springs and timing set for a stock motor?

Over build the fuel system and get a hotwire kit, and get rid of the , I think you mean pitbull chip not bulldog lol for a turbotweak chip and 60# injectors car will run much smoother..