Big problem!

Swede2

I dont know anything!
Hi... Today I mounted two crankcase breathers (as in the picture).

Also changed the turbo inlet from stock to a billet without the oil intake (attach a pic of that to)

I took of the IC and cleaned it yesterday. Putted it on again today. When I was going out to do a test with the car, it worked very bad...

The BLM:s is for the most time in 110-116. I can get the car over 3500 rpm cause it drown... At 3500 it starting to shake and almost shut down. The o2:s is in 850-910... I am not able to put any boost in the car either.

What the hell is wrong ? This was going to be a easy mod I thought... My thoughts go to vacum leaks... but I have double checked the hoses on the IC, and they sit where they shall.
IAC is ok, TPS is ok to. No service engine light is on.

Any suggestions ?

Daniel

Attachments

• kn.jpg
    kn.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 538
Pic on the turbo inlet change.

Attachments

• turbo.jpg
    turbo.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 534
Sounds like you already had a vacuum leak and you fixed it. Probably from the turbo inlet bell.Bring the FP down to a good BL level like 128 and start tuning from there.

HTH
Bo

Thx for your comments Bo.

I must say that before I did the breathers, the car worked perfect with the o2 at WOT in 790-820 at 18 psi boost.

I forgot to tell that the 850-900 o2:s I have now isnt even at wot... If I put down the throttle softly it shows like I said 850-900. When I tried some WOT it did go over 900 instantly and then started to sputter.

Also the blms was mostly 110, on cruise level.

Dont know my FP but I think it is 45 with vacum off.

I have not done any changes in the turbotweak chip, I drive it as it is.

When I took off the stock oil pipe, I disconected two cables, in front of the TB. I have checked thoose and they are connected again.

So shall I try to turn down the FP ?

Daniel

Lower FP?

Yes. First do a WOT to 3rd gear and see where excactly the 02's are, then adjust FP accordingly.They need to be around 800 for street and 760's for strip. Check a plug and confirm the reading though.

:)

Well... the problem is... I cant get it into 3 gear... If I go WOT I end up at 3500 rpm... then the car suffers from its rich condition and shake like hell. I get no boost under my WOT try either. At idle the o2:s is ok, around 350-450. If I rev it in park, it starts to stumble and when I let of the gas one time the engine died.

The highest speed I could/dared to go was around 40-45 mph... . The turbo gets warm, but still no boost ?

I just wonder why I cant rev or make any boost :( At some point I saw 1-4 psi boost... but that was just one time.

Daniel

1st off the 02's should cycle from 200-800 unless commanded by the chip. check all connections, reset the ecm and go from there.

Well I took of the Maf pipe when I lifted out the IC. But the air sensor temp is plugged again. Maybe the translator is causing this ? I have a stock maf that I can try when I come home.

Daniel

Today when I went to the garage and should fire the car up, it goes VERY roughly... And after a while it shuts down. When I looked behind the exhaust tips, its lots of black fluid laying on the floor... what the hell is this...

Daniel

Seems like its comming water out of the exhaust... dosent sound good... I checked the oil earlier yesterday and it was no water inside.

Lets imagine this... if there was a little water left inside the IC when I cleaned it... could it still go this bad ? I left it overnight upside down to get all water out.

I will check oil tomorrow to see if its water there. But a head gasket shouldnt go without any WOT.

Also, the idle is as I said very bad... If I go on the throttle a bit, and then let out, the car almost die or in some cases it dies. The car goes better warm than cold.

I didnt come out of the garage today due to the bad idle and shut downs.

Daniel

I have not that built in the turbotweak chip so I changed to a trasher chip to see if I had any Mal:s... but what I saw was just 00, on the scanmaster.

And the car did go just as bad on the trasher as on the turbotweak chip. Tomorrow I will change back to stock oil tube, without the breathers to see if that eliminates the problem.

Daniel

Afpr

what fp regulator do you have...my TTA did this a coupleweeks ago....the markmartone fp reg was sticking....my car did the same thing....do you have a fuel pressure gauge ...mine once i went over 7 psi the fp would stick at about 80 psi causing the same problems...check this..

I have an adjustable fp. I have not checked the FP yet, but I will later this day.

I washed my IC with high pressure water machine, on the outside on the metal things... can broken fins do this ?

Daniel

Sounds like bad MAF.

Put the stock one on and see how it runs. Make sure to plug it in.

Did the car always run rich with a TT chip? I just got a TT chip with 50s and it is way rich at the recommended 43psi FP. I had to drop the FP to 34 to make it run good. Eric said I was not the only one with this problem.

Swede2 said:
Hi... Today I mounted two crankcase breathers (as in the picture).

Also changed the turbo inlet from stock to a billet without the oil intake (attach a pic of that to)

I took of the IC and cleaned it yesterday. Putted it on again today. When I was going out to do a test with the car, it worked very bad...

The BLM:s is for the most time in 110-116. I can get the car over 3500 rpm cause it drown... At 3500 it starting to shake and almost shut down. The o2:s is in 850-910... I am not able to put any boost in the car either.

What the hell is wrong ? This was going to be a easy mod I thought... My thoughts go to vacum leaks... but I have double checked the hoses on the IC, and they sit where they shall.
IAC is ok, TPS is ok to. No service engine light is on.

Any suggestions ?

Daniel

Whats that tube on the valve cover?

It better not be connected to the turbo correct?

Still think its bad MAF.

I tried the stock maf a few days ago, and it was no change. The situation I am in now is that I start the car, and in 2 seconds the car shuts down again.

No "milk" in the coolant, and the oil is fine. I used laqueer cleaner to clean the IC. I got it all out, washed it two times and then the liquid was clean when I got it out.

I will do a cylinder comp test also... hows the finger method ? Lunkan told me but I forgot... Take away the plug and on with the ignition and then put your finger over the plug hole ? If there is air pressure the cylinder is good but if the HG is shoot then it will not be much air comming out ?

Daniel