Big mistake I made.... Bought on Ebay

My dreams of owning a Turbo Regal went up in flames as soon a the pile of rust was delivered. I thought i was buying a car with a little rust in the common areas as i owned a monte ss back in the day that had the same issue. Turns out this car must have been a flood and is heavily rusted in and out. Non repairable.

Sucks, wasted a few grand and the turbo is blown, I guess i could pull the engine and trans out, build them and put it in a Regal body. At least i wouldn't lose all my money. Sucks.....

Lesson learned

Sorry to hear that man !! Parting it out may get most your $$ back , not sure how shitty everything is though

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I think i am going to do a basic tune-up, rebuild the turbo and drive it around as is for now. I will probably try and swap over to a good body. Too much work to repair.

post up some pics, we can help you get it running.

on the rust issue, if it really was in a flood was it salt water or fresh water? If its just rusted out, you could "re-body" it if the frame and suspension is ok.

sorry for you luck, eBay is really bad for stuff like this.

Got a link to the item?

Bob

My "evilbay" mistake cost me $500 and a 12 hour round trip from Texas to Kansas and back.:( To say the least it was a disaster, but I got the car home. It had the R-83 ventilated rear quarters as well as a few more surprises.:eek: I'm still not finished with it but then new frame is modified so it's a more stable performance platform.;) God willing it will be the first B4black car to break into the 10's barring other issues that I've had so far.:oops:

So bummed right now, horrible rust just everywhere. Inside the cabin too. I was ticked because i think they should have disclosed this. It was obvious there was water sitting in it and much more rust damage then they led on. I thought it was a good deal, not its a terrible deal.The ECM was also a replacement. It hasent seen a tuneup in years and the turbo is puffing smoke, i am rebuilding that.

Ebay Link

Damn you can see the rust stains through the carpet in the drivers side floorboard. Fred Flintstone brakes?

Looks to me as tho he made no effort to hide the rust. He stated a project car, rust issues, in the ad. [Along w/ supporting pics].
Only issue I'd have would be "clear title", then later say bill of sale..

Looks decent enough to drive around and you didn't pay too much. Don't feel bad!

Ya its a bit of a mess to be honest. The pictures look a little better than in person. I am going to do a tune up and fix the turbo and see what happens. I think i will just drive it and not do too much. I understand that they said it had some rust, but just didn't expect the amount that i am seeing. You would have t do a serious frame off resto to have any chance of saving the car, sad.

Best thing to do would be to find a rust free regal and switch all the good stuff over.

For 2795 $ .. what would you expect? Looking at photos and the asking price would have me weary of purchasing this vehicle:confused:... was the price listed asking price or bidding?

From the ad: This car is being sold AS-IS. It runs and drives fine but smokes. It will need a turbo replacement or rebuild.*** This is a project car that will need work. Body has rust as seen in pictures. Engine runs smooth and the transmission shifts excellent. This is a Regal T-Type that has been cloned to look like a Grand National. All electronics work and digital gauges function properly. Car will be sold with a bill of sale. Please e-mail or call for further information. (607) 857-6250 or (607) 535-2456

Says right there needs a turbo and it's got rust. Did you call that number? You got exactly what you paid for.

I did not expect a 10k for 2k. But talking to the guy i imagined that it had some rust but not the level that it does. I am sure the car was sitting and water leaked and gathered for some time though oddly the car doesnt smell. In the end this was my mistake, one i wont make again. I may find a regal and swap over because the bodywork would be far too much. Does anyone know how much work it is electrically to swap over a turbo setup into a regular regal?

Post some pictures of the rusted areas. The pictures on eBay were taken very well to avoid showing the rust besides the little spots

Looks like a pretty decent piece for $3k.
I like the bench seat. I'd roll in it.

that would be a solid car in MN- unless you can stick your feet thru the floors and the bumper's about ready to fall off.

Driving project car for under 3k isn't bad , just start looking for doors and floorpan , deck lid and u will be Rocken.