Big block vette from a roll

tracer

INOV8
It was almost a shame to do it. I wasn't trying to ruin anybody's day, but hey, they asked so I answered. I'm rolling up to the intersection, 2 lane road that widens into 3. The light turned green when I was a good 8 car lengths back and nothing ahead in my lane. The other lane was lined up. I was in easy cruise mode and just kinda kept my pace going through the intersection. The light's already green but the other lane isn't moving. What's at the head of the pack? A beautiful mid 60's red vette convert with a big block hood. That's about as much as I saw of the car. Two young guys in it (by my geezer standards), top down, sun shining and they were smiles ear to ear. Who could blame them. Why they were so slow off the light I'll never know. So I'm interested, but make no sudden moves. Just keep rolling. Check the mirror and the vette's suddenly at my rear quarter and I see him nail it. I stab and steer (thanks Eric at Turbotweak - new signature coming), and by the time I check the mirror again he's 3 car lengths back and bowing out. Spanked bad! They looked a little dejected after I slowed and watched them take the on-ramp. Sorry for the reality check!

Big block hood could still have had a 327 in it.

Pop had a BB hood on his 64. It had a 327 then a 350 then a 427. Not too much could get by him with the 427 though. L88 specs, with iron heads.

Too bad he sold it. I get a boner when I think about that car.

One day!!!!!With turbos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True enough, ya never know what's under the hood unless you look. He saw me though, and my 275's are over 10 inches wide. Wouldn't think he'd want to run unless he had something decent under the hood. Or maybe just another optimist in a vette:D .

they knew you had a 6. in their minds NO WAY a 6 could outpower they Vette. No matter what engine they had. I know many guys like them from car shows/cruises.. They just got a short education on how a 6 *can* run:)

Last summer after the Woodward Dream Cruise I got behind a C2 conv with side pipes (couldnt see hood) in my 03 WRX. He hoped on it (a$$ squat, and lots of noise:D ). I hoped on it too and was gaining hard on him. I also had two other people in the car. I think that those cars are quick, but not fast by todays standards. But the have a VERY high pimp factor.:cool:

Nick