Big block t type conversion w/ pt-88

68 drop top

Some of you have seen my current project on other boards. For those who haven't, here are the details.
Decided to sell the six stuff and put a big block in it that we had sitting around. It's a budget motor w/ rods and pistons,
stock closed chamber crappy oval ports, hyd roller (small). We built mild steel 1 7/8ths headers and crossover, w/ a 4" ss downpipe
that switches to 4" alum. at the v band before the firewall, and continues 4" alum exhaust to the muffler w/ a turndown in front
of the rearend. I used the Cotton's air to air that came in the car when I bought it, and we're blowing thru a C&S specialties
billet aerosol 4150. Magnafuel Pro star 500 pump w/ a C&S specialties boost referenced reg.
Running a msd digital 6 w/ their boost retard box.
I put a T400 in it w/ a brake, and a 9" w/ wilwoods out back spooled w/ 33 spline mosers.
Wolf Anti roll bar, wolf uppers and metco lowers.
I'm hoping for mid 9's w/ the current setup.
Thanks to Tim @ vandpracing.com for building the downpipe and exhaust, and helping w/ all the bs as I built it.
Thanks to Wizzle for busting his ass for 3 straight weeks doing most everything else and doing the headers and crossover.
The build took about 5 weeks from when the first bolt was turned to start removing the v6 stuff to when we dyno'd w/ the new setup.
We went to Chad's dyno (Modified by KC) twice to make sure everything was happy.
First dyno pull, 456rwhp @ 8lbs and off the chart rich
Second dyno pull 656rwhp/ 660rwtq @ 15lbs w/ af's in the 10.8 to 11.2 range
Third dyno pull 751rwhp/ 715 rwtq @ 20lbs w/ af's in the mid 11's and 26 degrees of timing
Went back to the dyno last saturday and went to 22lbs and 25 degrees and made 762 rwhp/ 705tq,
af's went lean at the end, but we jetted it down trying to clean it up, we'll put a few numbers
back in and it should be happy.
Ready to take it to the track and see what it'll do.
KatieT.jpg

DSC04194.jpg

DSC04191.jpg

DSC04190.jpg

Jason_Hoard_Big_Block_Dyno.jpg

You must of read my son's mind on this build. LOL That is his exact plans if our V6 blows when we get it running. That build really looks good, can't wait to see the numbers from the track, I wish you good luck.

Jim

Looks good. Tell Tim to get off his ass and finish his ride.:biggrin: You can also tell him that his 106 worked great but it's got a billet 114 wheel now..

Damn, look at the steady climb on that pull in HP, never levelled off either!

Took it to the track wed. night

Tim and I took the brick to the track wed. night for the maiden voyage.
Only got 2 passes in before the coolant system (which has been a bitch/hasn't worked) puked coolant and ended our night.
Race weight, over 3700lbs w/ my fat ass in it
1st pass:
Trans brake, 8lbs of boost, 4000 rpm launch... blew the slicks off at the hit, pedaled it, got out of shape again badly, aborted run
2nd pass:
foot brake, 0lbs of boost, 2500 rpm launch
1.72 60', pedaled when it came into boost,
10.19 @ 144.19 mph
Need to put new front springs in (to get it off the bump stops), get it aligned (it was a scary bitch on the big end) and sort out the boost controller.
Should run 9.70's, maybe 9.60's when its right.
I did figure out today that I plumbed the remote water pump incorrectly, should be fixed for the next time out!

Looks great. Good luck next time out.

What motor mounts are you using? I'm considering a BB, but would like to use the stock hood.

Tim and I took the brick to the track wed. night for the maiden voyage.
Only got 2 passes in before the coolant system (which has been a bitch/hasn't worked) puked coolant and ended our night.
Race weight, over 3700lbs w/ my fat ass in it
1st pass:
Trans brake, 8lbs of boost, 4000 rpm launch... blew the slicks off at the hit, pedaled it, got out of shape again badly, aborted run
2nd pass:
foot brake, 0lbs of boost, 2500 rpm launch
1.72 60', pedaled when it came into boost,
10.19 @ 144.19 mph
Need to put new front springs in (to get it off the bump stops), get it aligned (it was a scary bitch on the big end) and sort out the boost controller.
Should run 9.70's, maybe 9.60's when its right.
I did figure out today that I plumbed the remote water pump incorrectly, should be fixed for the next time out!

MPH looks promising:D

Did this thing ever get a 9 second pass? or is a little white Ford going to be first to the single digits.
:D

Talked to Dennis today... should have the problems fixed on the block and starting assembly next week.
You got enough weight out of that Pimpo to handle 475 inches and 25lbs of boost? :eek:
Talk to you Sat.