Big Block Advice

87chrisss

BLUBYU
So i bought myself a late model Caprice, factory 402 big block 400 trans car. She is not a "PIG" but will never keep up with a turbo buick. This is my first big block car, really impressed with how torquey she is across the rpm range its a bone stock 63k mile car. Stock heads/intake/Rochester carb. Man she is torquey.. Looking to pep her up a bit..I'm a turbo guy , so i started researching almost nothing on a turbo'd 402 big block. Most guys just put a intake carb and headers with a dual exhaust and call it a day. Even read that the 402 BBC suck :confused: w,e it's what i got. I noticed the stock CR is around 8:5.1 so right off the bat i thought Turbo this puppy. Any one ever toy with a 402 big block? Was trying to throw around some ideas not really sure how to monitor knock and or timing retard im so used to the Buicks. This "mechanical setup scares me" Thinking about a crossover setup like a TR..Non Intercooled E85 carb Blowthru setup..:wacky:

I would just update the fuel delivery and put on a 150hp shot of nitrous and call it a day. Turbocharging would be a pain in the ass and cost a lot to do properly and have a lot of down time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk